Author Topic: Private message Inbox  (Read 5734 times)

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Private message Inbox
« on: Friday 04 March 05 17:42 GMT (UK) »
There is probably a simple answer to this but I can never remember how to check my inbox.

poirot
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Private message Inbox
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 March 05 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi
simple, you don't need to, because it tells you at the top of the screen when you log on if you have any messages, if you do, you just click on messages.
Anne
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

http://www.tilneyallsaintsonline.org.uk
Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 March 05 22:22 GMT (UK) »
At the top it should say,

"Hello poirot, you have 12 messages, 3 are new"

(the numbers will be different) - you'll notice a the top that the number of messages is in a maroon colour - which you can click and go to your messages.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 March 05 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Trystan but I have just had 2 email messages notifying me of new replies and when I logged on to the site at the top it said I had no messages???

poirot
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

Offline juddee

• RootsChat Senior
  • Found them! Found them! I wish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 March 05 02:42 GMT (UK) »
Poirot

If you have posted any lookup requests or questions etc,  you will receive an e-mail advising you that someone has replied to your posts.  To see these, you log onto "Show new replies to your posts."

If it is a personal message from another  RootsChatter, your e-mail will state that and you need to log onto "Hello Poirot etc just as Trystan has said.

Try this and see how you go.   

Cheers  Juddee   :) :)
Living in the land of Oz<br />Berkshire TASKER<br />Cambridgeshire BLANKS HAYDEN, STEWART<br />Durham GRAY LAVERICK UNTHANK<br />Gloustershire ANDREWS WILLINGTON<br />Hertfordshire HALES HAYDEN<br />Lancashire WHITE HARTNET<br />Oxfordshire EATON TASKER<br />Somerset  DAINTY GERRETT MURRAY SLADE<br />Wiltshire BARTLETT GERRETT<br /> Galway HICKEY LEWIS <br />Germany HARTMANN SCHUEMACHER<br />

Offline Baronstown

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 August 15 11:09 BST (UK) »
 :)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 02 August 15 19:06 BST (UK) »
Poirot - when you get an e-mail notifying you of new messages, just click on the link in the e-mail and it will take you to the appropriate post.  If it is a personal message, when you go to Rootschat you will get a message saying something like "You have a personal message, do you want to open it now".  If you say yes, then it will take you to PMs, if you say no, then you will need to go to My messages on the bar just underneath the Rootschat picture, and click on that.

Lizzie

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 02 August 15 19:37 BST (UK) »
If it's an email regarding a new post on a topic you have been involved with, then (at the top of the screen), click on [ New Replies ]

And that's different to Personal Messages; LizzieW has explained how to see them.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 02 August 15 20:10 BST (UK) »
Have you noticed that this is a very old thread?   Saturday 05 March 05    ;D ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk