Author Topic: Erdington (Birmingham) registers - MATHEWS - COMPLETED  (Read 9934 times)

Offline KNIBBetc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Erdington (Birmingham) registers - MATHEWS - COMPLETED
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 January 11 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Jeannie

If you do obtain the marriage certificate for Thomas BUDD and Esther KNIBB, could you please share with me her father's name?  She had first married William KNIBB c1832 I would guess.

Do you have her as dying 04qtr1884 Walsall District?  She was still with Thomas on the 1871 census (indexed as RUDD at ancestry) and a widow in 1881 at Elford.  She was born at Condicote but quite when is hard to tell because her age in census returns seems to vary somewhat.

I haven't picked up Thomas' death either.

Alan Jackson
Host at The K/NIBB/S One Name Study

Offline KNIBBetc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 January 11 14:22 GMT (UK) »
I think I have now found Esther's baptism as HOLTOM on 29th March 1809 at Condicote to a William and Mary which fits with a William KNIBB/Esther HOLTHAM marriage at Lighthorne on 24th June 1828.

Alan

Offline keithtfe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 09 November 13 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Dear Jeannie

I wish I'd seen your Rootschat postings earlier as I could have saved you a load of time. Thomas MASON & Patience BUDD were two of my great grandparents and I researched the Budds and the Masons over twentyfive years ago. My family database contains well over 96,000 people. I was born in Oxfordshire to Frederick Norman HAZELL and Florence Victoria MASON. I can let you have a Budd tree back to Thomas & Rebecca BUDD, the parents of Thomas BUDD bapt. 1754 at Elford, Staffs., who married Hannah TOWERS and was the father of the Thomas who married Frances MIDDLETON. I presume you are a descendant of Albert Edwin BUDD (1876-1958), who emigrated to Canada in 1912. I am a retired consular officer and live in Tenerife in the Canary Islands.

Offline jeannie1000cc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Sarah McCarthy 1885-1920
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 November 13 00:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for your message. I am indeed a descendant of Albert Edwin Budd, by his daughter Rose. I haven't picked up my research for a couple of years, but my Budd research did go quite well. I am a direct descendant of Patience Budd's brother Thomas. My brick wall is on the MATHEWS/MATHERS/MATTHEWS side - I've yet to find conclusive documentation regarding the parentage of Thomas (1822-1901) Budd's first wife, Sarah Matthews (d. May 2, 1854). Any info you have in this regard would be welcome. Thanks again and best wishes, Jeannie.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BUDD, PAGE - Staffs; RICHARDSON, HUTT, MIDDLETON, NEAL, MATTHEWS - Warks; OLNER, GRIMES, GOODMAN - Leics