Author Topic: Von Rump family of Norfolk  (Read 3781 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Von Rump family of Norfolk
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 September 09 18:23 BST (UK) »
YA HOO ;D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline frek

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 September 09 08:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you - it looks promising. All 10 children were born at Worstead.
frek.

Offline seasider53

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 March 17 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Evening, Martha Dack & John Rump are my 6x Great Grand Parents, with their Son Robert being my 5x Great Grand Father.
Leach/Prigg - Cambridge
Draper/Munford - Norfolk
Nicholas/Donlan/Thurston/Leach - India
Harrison/Cunningham - Durham
Caine/Harrison - Ireland

Offline Duodecem

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 March 17 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello all-I have the Rumps as well-the earliest baptism was for Robert baptised June 1673 in North Walsham Son of Robert and Margaret-(possibly MaragaretWatker with a possible marriage in 1668 in Hevingham).
Robert married Elizabeth Bane in Bacton April 1694 -their son John was baptised in North Walsham 20 May 1695 and went on to marry Martha Dack.
March 4 1717 • East Tuddenham, Norfolk, England
John Rump of Worstead, singleman married Martha Dack of the same, singlewoman, March 4
1716/1717
Sadly I forget where I found the record.
He was my 7xgrandfather. I've only ever found 9 baptisms for them-Sarah, John, Elizabeth,Robert,Martha,Thomas,Thomas, Mary, and James.
I'm not sure when the Rump family moved to Northumberland. My link to the family ends when my 4x grandmother Elizabeth Rump married William Hodds in Ashby with Oby and Thurne, but there were quite a lot of Rumps on Flegg Island through the C19th.
http://www.fleggisland.co.uk/Rump.html

I haven't found any Von Rumps yet, but I'll watch this thread with interest. Jan :)
Cooper- Berks, Herts, Wrexham,Birmingham
Garrett- London, Berks
Morton-Berkshire
Harvey- Essex
Hambling, Royal,Dale,Jackson, Tann, Boatwright Edridge/Etheridge/Uttridge -all Norfolk
Osborne-Norfolk and Northumberland/Durham

Offline Duodecem

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 20 March 17 17:50 GMT (UK) »
After I posted, I had another- rather critical look at Elizabeth Rump- who married William Hodds in Ashby with Oby & Thurne in 1796.
The banns were called in Repps cum Bastwick. The record names William as being of the parish of Thurne and Elizabeth of the parish of Repps.
According to the burial record Elizabeth was born about 1775.
When I trawled through the records previously I found a possible baptism in Smallburgh-(sadly followed by a Smallburgh marriage), and another in Worstead- which I settled on and then started hunting for earlier Rumps.
After posting I decided that I had no real evidence that "my" Elizabeth Rump was descended from the Worstead Rumps at all. :-[
So, sadly I have to bid farewell to John & Martha and a possible link with the von Rumps. It was fun while it lasted.
But if any one finds any Rumps in Repps----!  :-\
Cooper- Berks, Herts, Wrexham,Birmingham
Garrett- London, Berks
Morton-Berkshire
Harvey- Essex
Hambling, Royal,Dale,Jackson, Tann, Boatwright Edridge/Etheridge/Uttridge -all Norfolk
Osborne-Norfolk and Northumberland/Durham