Author Topic: Moore of Drumachose  (Read 33433 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Moore of Drumachose
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 17 January 15 11:20 GMT (UK) »
The original paperwork has not survived so all you will get is the extract from the index (which I posted) and the wording from the Will Book (see PRONI- link given) to view actual wording.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 17 January 15 11:35 GMT (UK) »
Proni has the will on line for Samuel Moore late of Carryclare died 20th Feb 1860 mentions his wifes name is Jane and he has a daughter named Sarah. He then mentions three sons. One is Thomas, then William and Daniel Moore. Then mentions another son named Samuel Moore. And a further son named Robert Moore. And absolute proof its the correct one he named his married daughter Anne Jane Moore this was my g g grandmother. His signed the will as X. So we now know that Samuel Moore died in 1860. Is there a grave?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 17 January 15 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Proni has the will on line for Samuel Moore late of Carryclare died 20th Feb 1860 mentions his wifes name is Jane and he has a daughter named Sarah. He then mentions three sons. One is Thomas, then William and Daniel Moore. Then mentions another son named Samuel Moore. And a further son named Robert Moore. And absolute proof its the correct one he named his married daughter Anne Jane Moore this was my g g grandmother. His signed the will as X. So we now know that Samuel Moore died in 1860.
That is the information I already posted.

Is there a grave?
I think you are wanting to know if there is a gravestone? There may or may not have been a stone erected for the family but you'd need to check local graveyards to see if anything does exist.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 17 January 15 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Has this been mentioned yet?

Old Age Pension Claims-
"MOORE James John MOORE Mary Carrowclare Tamlaght Finlagan Kennaght Londonderry 1851 Parents married 183?, James 3yrs."

"SHERRARD Sarah John MOORE Mary Carrowclare Tamlaght Finlagan Kennaght Londonderry 1851 Parents married 183?, Sarah 14yrs."
? www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Aghanloo/Drumalief/1523087
1911- with brothers David & James:
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Myroe/Carrowclare/594548

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 17 January 15 12:00 GMT (UK) »
If you google search Moore & Carrowclare there appears to also be a family of Solomon Moore born 1762 living at Carrowclare, and several other possible names come up on google. All related? aghadowey where did you find Old Age Pension Claims- "MOORE James John MOORE Mary Carrowclare Tamlaght Finlagan Kennaght Londonderry 1851 Parents married 183?, James 3yrs." Any further info welcomed. 11pm here so will check back tomorrow if there have been any more discoveries, thanks for the help.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 17 January 15 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Just googled moore & carrowclare- lots more online

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 17 January 15 22:06 GMT (UK) »
This posting interests me could Solomon 1782 be the father of Samuel to? She does say children that she knows of. It is interesting that Samuel ends up in the same area as Solomon

Subject: [NORTHERNIRELANDGENWEB] Moore family of Carrowclare, Myroe,Londonderry
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:13:08 -0700

I am new to this list and looking for help of Moore family at the above location;
The information I have to date is as follows:
Solomon Moore was born about 1782, Ireland, he died 7 Aug. 1869, Carrowclare, Myroe,
Londonderry, Ireland. ( I have a copy of his will)
I do not know who his spouse was.
His children that I know of are:
1.John Moore, born about 1808, Londonderry, he had two sons, Solomon born about 1848, Londonderry and James born about
1852, Londonderry. I have a letter that was written in 1907 and John Moore was still alive and in his 90’s. I have possibly
found his death, Feb. 1908, Limavady.
2. Solomon Moore
3. Jane Moore
4. Ann Moore married William Miller
5. Sarah Moore
6. Christian Moore
7. Tristram Moore

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 17 January 15 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Proni has reference to a will, but not an image can anyone find an image for this will from 1790?

Index :    Pre-1858 Wills and Admons
Sub-Index :    Pre-1858 Wills Index
Surname :    Moore
Forename :    John
Town or Townland :    Carrowclare
Parish :    
County :    Londonderry
Notes :    
Description :    Copy Will
PRONI Ref :    D/1550/155/2
Date :    1790

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 18 January 15 04:12 GMT (UK) »
Have a reply from the poster of the Solomon Moore question. She has Solomon Moore born 1782 with one of his brothers being Samuel Moore, B: Abt. 1798 in Londonderry, Ireland, D: 20 Feb 1860 in Carryclare, Londonderry, Ireland. So this is now a new branch of the family tree when you add in the brothers and sisters of Samuel & Solomon. Intrersting that Solomon names one of his elder sons John Moore. Perhaps Solomon and Samuel are children of the John Moore of Carrowclare the one that left his will in 1790? I wish I could get a copy of that will.