Author Topic: John Hakesley b. 1824  (Read 6744 times)

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John Hakesley b. 1824
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 17 September 09 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hi. Such a hard name what with all the variations.
Which census do you have young Henry in? Could we work back from that?
Is it possible that they shortened the name so we should be looking for some other name? I've had trouble with some people called Walloxall who tended to change their name to Hall in more recent times :)
So if you have Henry for sure with age and birthplace perhaps we could look for him? Or trace Maria back?
Can't wait for the marriage cert!
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alijet

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 18 September 09 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hi there, yes I have Henry with my great grandmother Hannah Owen in the 1891 census onwards. But neither John Junior Hakesley or Henry seem to appear on any census's prior to 1891. Maria is on the 1851 census as a 'milliner' in Southport with an illegitanete child William. I can find neither William nor Maria in any later census's. I think I will have to wait for the MC to arrive, then try this again as a new posting. Thank you anyway, for all help to date. Watch this space!!

Regards

Alison

Offline LianneY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 October 17 14:14 GMT (UK) »
I am currently researching my Hakesleys. I also have John Hakesley marrying Maria Baron.
I have the family in 1901 and 1911, but can't trace their addresses prior yet. Johns father was James? I have his marriage and children's baptisms....
Lianne