Author Topic: thomas cadwell  (Read 18202 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: thomas cadwell
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 12:20 BST (UK) »
According to this https://www.johngrenham.com/records/rc_church.php?churchid=0504&parish=Artane,%20Clontarf,%20Coolock,%20Santry,%20Dublin%20city
IFHF is the only place.
Did you know they now do a 24 hour €10 sub.

Offline Rowan1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 13 July 16 10:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sinnan,
I will be using the 24 hr membership! It seems strange that the IFHF has the record's and the library does not......
Good luck

Offline Doc_Choc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 15 November 16 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rowan1,

I read with great interest your research about Thomas Cadwell.

My Great Grandfather was also in the Royal Dublin Fusiliers - his service number was 4242, not so far from that of Thomas. I'm assuming he joined in Ireland.

You mention in your post that you managed to obtain his service record with details of next of kin etc. How did you find the record? I haven't been able to locate the service record for my Great Grandfather yet so the trail has gone cold. All I have is confirmation he was killed in action in South Africa. If I had his parents name/next of kin, I might be able to find more about him, or where he came from in Ireland...

Any advice you could give would be gratefully appreciated!

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 16 November 16 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Doc_Choc

Welcome to rootschat

I can only presume you do not have your great grand parents marriage certificate as this should show at least his father's name. If you would like people on board here to help you could start a new topic in the beginners forum or a relevant county to start the search.

best of luck researching
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline CharBolton1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: thomasina cadwell
« Reply #67 on: Monday 13 November 17 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Everyone

My names Charlene in was born in Salford, Lancashire to Anthony Duffy.

Anthonys parents were Thomasina Cadwell and William Jospeh Duffy.  William served in the Dublin fusiliers during the easter rising in 1916.

Thomasina's parents were Thomas Cadwell and Mary McAleer.  As far as im aware they had children Carmel, Mary along with Thomasina.  were there anymore? My dad thinks Thomas wa involved in an accident whilst driving his taxi and ended up in a wheelchair.  I'm yet to find any articles on this.

Thomas Cadwells parents were Thomasina Lynam and Michael Cadwell.  Both drowned in the liffey in 1936 alongside son Christopher.  I have newspaper articles for this from the Irish Times.  Michael and his brother George were also in an accident when they were working laying tram lines.  Michael had one leg amputated.

If anyone has any more info or would like to reach out as were related I would love to hear from you.  The Cadwell branches are huge as most seem like they had plenty of children.

Thanks

Charlene

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Monday 13 November 17 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Thomas, Thomasina and Christopher's death certs, son/ brother Thomas was the informant
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1936/04800/4291318.pdf

Offline cadwellASH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 10 October 18 16:44 BST (UK) »
Cadwells
hi my name is Aisling and my Grandfather was Declan Cadwell of Seaview Avenue his mother was Margaret Farnham. i would love to get more information about this fab pic you have put up

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 11 October 18 01:11 BST (UK) »
the picture i was sent in an email years back.. my grandmother was thomas Caldwell.  her father was michael cadwell

Offline cadwellASH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 11 October 18 07:38 BST (UK) »
the picture i was sent in an email years back.. my grandmother was thomas Caldwell.  her father was michael cadwell

Oh right no problem. I just thought the photo with all the details and names you knew who they were. Would you be able to PM me with the details of who sent the email to you if that’s ok.