Author Topic: Joe Perry/ Happy Valley Minstrels / Llandudno  (Read 17931 times)

Offline crazydogrio

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Perry/ Happy Valley Minstrels / Llandudno
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 March 11 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

my great great grandfather was John Perry b. abt 1863 in Edinburgh Scotland. I believe him to be the brother of Patrick Joseph Perry that you are discussing. Nice to know there are other Perry descendants out there and would love to know more information. I have traced William and Ellen Perry (their parents) back to Ireland but can seem to get any further than that...

Nice to connect with you all!  :)
Stonehouse, Hopkins, Wilmes, Orme, Hearn, Turner, Armitage, Batt, Moulden, Butler, Stretton, Kelly, Neary, Gregory, Parry, Perry, Howard, Hull, Evans, Hill, Critchley

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 March 11 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi There.....

And welcome to the family, and Rootschat !

Like you, I have not been able to go back any further than William and Ellen. Irish research is notorious for it's stone walls.....

I 'did ' the tree for my son in law's family, and came up with quite a few skeleton's with regard to Joe Perry of Happy Valley Minstrels fame.

We also have War hero's too !

I will have a look at my tree, and see what I have regarding your John. Is there anything I can help with ?

Regards

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline crazydogrio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 March 11 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi JeannieR,

thank you for the warm welcome. I have read a few things from a google search about a Perry family in Tyrone at Perrymount, but doubt our Perry's are related to them  because they sounded like landowners, as opposed to our William Perry the tailor. War hero sound very interesting indeed, my research is very sketchy and full of holes being a relative newbie!

Kind regards,

Julia
Stonehouse, Hopkins, Wilmes, Orme, Hearn, Turner, Armitage, Batt, Moulden, Butler, Stretton, Kelly, Neary, Gregory, Parry, Perry, Howard, Hull, Evans, Hill, Critchley

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 04 March 11 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Again Julie.....

I had a quick look at my Perry Tree, yesterday. It do's need little bit of a update, and I will try to do this today or tomorrow.

When you have done another couple of posts,I will be able to send you my email address in a personal message. If you would like ? I will send you a PDF of the tree as it stands. You will find that that Family History is very addictive, and very ongoing, it never seems, that you can "finish" a tree.

Best wishes

JeannieR

Offline crazydogrio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 04 March 11 11:53 GMT (UK) »
That would be lovely JeannieR, I have a few other brick walls in my tree so should post in the relevant areas for help! Will try to do another couple of posts today. I'm finding it very addictive so far, I am also engrossed reading about the history of the Victorian era, what fascinating times they were!

Speak soon,

Julia

Offline tommyp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 03 November 14 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello woodsy, my g/grandad  Patrick J Perry was Charles f perrys brother,  My grandad Alfred E Perry lived all but 14 years of his life in Liverpool, he had two step fathers, married Mary Scott and worked for railway companies in Liverpool ,he was a signalman in the box at the entrance to Lime St Station at retirement-also local councillor for Huyton at time Harold Wilson was MP and PM. I would love to have any info on Alf other than census and BMD which I already have
Regards
TommyP

Offline LisaPezza

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 22:01 BST (UK) »
Currently in Llandudno with my mother for her 80th birthday. I'm the Daughter of John Patrick Joseph Perry (deceased 2011) He told us many stories about his great grandad, Joe. If fills me with much excitement to know that there has been some research done on this already.
We were at the church earlier today but couldn't find Joes grave.
Off to Happy Valley tomorrow to take a look.
I'd love to hear from other ancestors and to find out anything further.
Much love, Lisa

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 04 August 16 00:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Lisa.....

My son in law is the great, great grandson of Joe Perry,and I have done lots of research into the family history. Exciting family !! Lots of skeletons !

I have most of the family history of all the Perry's , including I think your mother, but not on this computer, would be happy to share.

When you have made three posts,I wiil be able to contact you personally.

I have photo of Joe's wife , Sarah Levi, who was a twin, born in London. She was Jewish. Her parents and siblings, were all performers.......

Look forward to hearing fromyou

JeannieR