Author Topic: McCullochs- help needed  (Read 10733 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McCullochs- help needed
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 September 14 21:55 BST (UK) »
My husband's grandmother was Ethel Mccullagh she married Thomas Neill and lived in laganvale Street,Stranmillis.They had 4 children Harry,Maggie,Ena and Billy.

What a nice surprise to see your post. It's been a while since I looked for information on the family so will check my notes and see if I have more details.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline babblng brook

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 September 14 22:06 BST (UK) »
I would love to know more have been looking for info for a while....if there is anything I can help you with...present day that is

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 September 14 22:03 BST (UK) »
I do have a bit more on Henry Francis McCullagh's family but still lots of gaps.

Henry/Harry Francis McCullagh (27 June 1841-16 Dec.1916) m.1 (14 Sept.1864 Errigal Parish Church) Charlotte Cash (1844/1847?-10 Dec.1875 “Sea View Lodge,” Belfast), teacher. He m.2 (c1885) Mary Skates (c1861 Co.Down-aft.1911).
1.       Letitia Margaret McCullagh (12 Aug.1865 Garvagh dist.).
2.       Caroline McCullagh (10 May 1867 Garvagh dist.) m.(27 Mar.1895 Newtownards) John McClune.
3.       Charlotte McCullagh (17 Feb.1869 Belfast).
4.       Henry Francis McCullagh (11 Jan.1871 Belfast-?8 June 1941).
5.       Ethel McCullagh
6.       Mary Louise McCullagh (1885 Belfast).
7.       Georgina Elizabeth McCullagh (3 Oct.1887 Belfast) m.(1913 Belfast) Joseph Crawford Hill.
8.       Florence Edith McCullagh (6 July1889 Belfast-aft.1901).
9.       Alexander McCullagh (29 May 1891 Belfast-aft.1901).
10.     Clara McCullagh (11 Apr.1893 Belfast-aft.1911).
11.     Sarah McCullagh (c1896 Belfast-aft.1911).
?12.   Frederick McCullough (27 Oct.1896 Belfast-?26 Jan.1897 Belfast).
?13.   Kerby? McCullagh (c1909 Belfast-aft.1911).

Ethel McCullagh (20 Nov.1873 Belfast-?17 May 1934 Belfast) m.(24 Apr.1905 St. Mary Magdalene Church of Ireland, Shankill Parish, Belfast) Thomas Neill (d.aft.1911).
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Cromac/Laganvale_Street/165214
1.   Henry Francis Neill (July/Sept.1908 Auckland dist., Durham, Eng.-aft.1911).
2.   Margaret “Maggie” Neill (July/Sept.1910 Auckland dist., Durham, Eng.-aft.1911).
3.   Thomas Neill (25 Aug.1914 Belfast)- mother McCullagh.
4.   Son (stillborn 13 Dec.1919). City Cemetery (public ground)- child of Thomas & Ethel Neill, 37 Laganvale St.
5.   Ena Neill.
6.   Billy Neill.

Hope this helps. If you can fill in any recent details send me a PM so that we can exchange email addresses.

Offline babblng brook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 October 18 15:23 BST (UK) »
To Aghadowey

Just found out recently that there were 2 Ethels the first one passed away when she was 1 1/2 old the second one was in fact born nearly 10 years to the day of the first ones passing....so they called hr Ethel also she was my husbands grandmother...I thought she had beeen fibbing about her age...

Barbara

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 October 18 16:00 BST (UK) »
I too have a McCulloch in my tree, but rather earlier.

John Shaw McCulloch (or McCullogh) seems to have been a lieutenant in the 47th Regiment at the time of his marriage to Ann Harrison in Ballymena on 8 July 1807.  He was later a captain in the 32nd Regiment.

Ann died of cholera in Drogheda in 1832, and their two daughters were married there the following year.  John then remarried.  I have not found either birth or death for him: can anyone help?
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 21 October 18 10:38 BST (UK) »
To Aghadowey

Just found out recently that there were 2 Ethels the first one passed away when she was 1 1/2 old the second one was in fact born nearly 10 years to the day of the first ones passing....so they called hr Ethel also she was my husbands grandmother...I thought she had beeen fibbing about her age...

Barbara

What a nice surprise to see your latest message. I do have more on the McCulloughs since we were last in touch but have limited computer time at the moment. Will dig out my files then send you a message.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 21 October 18 10:42 BST (UK) »
I too have a McCulloch in my tree, but rather earlier.

John Shaw McCulloch (or McCullogh) seems to have been a lieutenant in the 47th Regiment at the time of his marriage to Ann Harrison in Ballymena on 8 July 1807.  He was later a captain in the 32nd Regiment.

Ann died of cholera in Drogheda in 1832, and their two daughters were married there the following year.  John then remarried.  I have not found either birth or death for him: can anyone help?

Nothing to do with the McCulloughs on this thread. Rather than cluttering up this one with requests you'll need to start a new one on the appropriate board (Ireland-General if it covers more than one county) so there will be a better chance of people seeing what you are looking for and helping with information or advice.

Offline babblng brook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 14 March 22 11:57 GMT (UK) »
We’ll just to let you know I eventually found where Letitia, Caroline and Charlotte resided….Letitia Margaret McCullough went to America dropped her first name and she seemed to be known as Madge…I found her through her death records when I searched her father and mothers name…she married a guy surname Row…. Caroline stayed in Ireland her husbands surname was McClune from Newtownards Co Down she lived in both Bangor and Newtownards and had a number of children…..Charlotte went to America Married a guy called Stoupe …He was also from Newtownards Co Down …they travelled back to Ireland with a couple of children and after having a few more children …they emigrated to New Zealand….

Barbara

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 15 March 22 16:43 GMT (UK) »
Since this thread was started I also had found the McClune family. I've now found Charlotte's gfamily in America & N.Z. (very sad story about one of the daughters) but Letitia Margaret/Madge stilleludes me so I'd be curious as to where in America you found her.