Author Topic: The family of Alexander Grant and Janet Jamieson  (Read 9415 times)

Offline AJScott

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The family of Alexander Grant and Janet Jamieson
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Alexander Scott bn. 1766 Pitsligo married Christian Pyper bn. 1762 in 1784. They are both buried in plot 195 in Peathill kirkyard.
Scott

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Yes, one more post & then we can communicate privately :)
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 February 14 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Mary  Jessie was born around 1862 she married William Russell Kidd in 1882, they were married at Auchintae Croft,  I think perhaps this could be the home of her parents. I am hoping to find out if Mary Jessie had brothers and sisters. Mary Jessie lived in Keith after her marriage, but I dont know where she was from.

Three of the eleven children of William Russell Kidd and Mary Jessie Grant appear in my family tree. I have a list of all 11 if you want it.

George Alexander Kidd was the father of an illegitimate child born to Jane Ross Burgess in Edinburgh in 1904. This child, John Burgess, died in 1925, and there are no known descendants. 

Williamina Kidd had an illegitimate child, David Stuart Kidd, in 1909, the father being David Stuart, lorryman, Royal Hotel, Nairn.

Jean Kidd married Robert Chapman in 1920. They had one son that I know of, in 1924.

Alexander and Janet had eight children that I know of: William 1848; George 1850/1; Margaret 1852/3; James 1853/4; Jane 1856; Ann 1859; Mary Jessie 1862; Robert 1865, all born in Rathven. in 1861 they were all at Auchintae except William, who was a servant at Mains of Findochty, and of course the two youngest were yet to be born.

William Russell Kidd died in 1900, and his widow Mary Jessie Grant or Kidd had a son James in 1903, father unknown to me.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.