Author Topic: Photo of couple at grandfather's wedding in 1917  (Read 1766 times)

Offline specialkg

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Photo of couple at grandfather's wedding in 1917
« on: Tuesday 22 September 09 08:29 BST (UK) »
I have a group photo of my grandparent's wedding back in 1917 and I am trying to identify the people on it.  In fact it was probably the photo that got me started on researching my family tree.

My grandfather worked at Findrassie farm and grandmother in Elgin at the time of their marriage.  My gr. gr. grandmother lived at Muir of Lochs and was a McKenzie nee Williamson

The attached is part of the photo.  It is of a couple sitting on the front row.  They are not the parents or grandparents of the bride and groom.

Does anyone know how a professional group wedding photo would have been taken.

Do the couple look familiar to anybody.  I know it is a bit of a long shot but you never know!!

Right in the centre of the front row is my gr. gr. grandmother and gr. grandfather but gr. grandmother is on the second row with other members of that generation.  My grandparents are situated in the middle of the group with children at the back obviously standing on something.   If anybody can help I would love to hear from you.