Author Topic: 1901 census Barton or Chorlton FAGAN *COMPLETED*  (Read 3166 times)

Offline claudia99

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1901 census Barton or Chorlton FAGAN *COMPLETED*
« on: Tuesday 22 September 09 12:54 BST (UK) »
I have twins Harry Fagan and Mabel Fagan born in December quarter of 1900 who would be a few months old in the 1901 census.
Could some kind person please try to find them for me.
Their birth was registered in Chorlton but they were in Barton upon Irwell before the end of 1901.
Could you please provide address, all refs and all occupants.
Thanks in advance
Claudia
ALL CENSUS INFORMATION CONTAINED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Fagan - Guernsey (1807), Wrexham (census 1841-1871), then Barton upon Irwell from around 1873

Fildes - Manchester, Chester, Liverpool, Chorlton, Ashton, Salford (descended from Mary Pritchard and William Fildes, Sir Samuel Luke's grandparents)

Speakman - Manchester and Salford

Bridge - Manchester (initially Ardwick) and Salford

Offline jvy20

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 census Barton or Chorlton FAGAN
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 14:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,

12 Blackburn Street  Hulme

Jas Fagan Head M 37 Tailor's Cutter b St Helens

Emily Fagan Wife 39 b Manchester

Nellie Thirsk stepdaughter S 18 Fancy Box Maker

Albert Thirsk stepson S 14 Office Boy - Post

George Thirsk stepson S 7 scholar

Jas Fagan son 2

Harry Fagan son 6 months

Mabel Fagan dau 6 months

All children b Manchester

RG13/3704 folio 57 page 14

Regards

John
Census Information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline claudia99

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 census Barton or Chorlton FAGAN *COMPLETED*
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 07:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks John.
Claudia
ALL CENSUS INFORMATION CONTAINED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Fagan - Guernsey (1807), Wrexham (census 1841-1871), then Barton upon Irwell from around 1873

Fildes - Manchester, Chester, Liverpool, Chorlton, Ashton, Salford (descended from Mary Pritchard and William Fildes, Sir Samuel Luke's grandparents)

Offline foggyhero

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 May 11 03:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Claudia have you any info on James Jarrett? He`s in my family tree from Salford. Was he from Belfast or was he posted there and met T.McConnell? Thanks
Jarrett

Offline claudia99

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 May 11 01:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Foggyhero,
As pointed out I have not been on line for a while - moved to NZ in the last few months so been very busy.
I too am from Salford (until coming over to NZ).
I will have a look at what I have for this marriage and for James himself, not sure from memory what I do have but recall I do not have much on him in any case.
What relation is he to you please?

Claudia

Offline foggyhero

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 31 May 11 02:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Claudia99 I am so glad you have replied. James Jarretts son William(born 1861) had a daughter she is our great great grandmother my family are the Robins from tootal drive near hope hospital, we have the marriage certificate of William that says his father is dead but we don't know about James Jarret did you get the marriage certificate from St Anne's Belfast 1861? and was his Father John Jarrett on it from England or Ireland? We have found this on a James Jarrett=Colour sergeant Crimean war medal 38th foot(1st staffordshire)Severe wound 1st attack on the redan 18th june 1855.If this was him he might have recovered from his wounds and got a post in  Belfast at the Barracks say Recruiting? for him to have a few children there with Teresa (nee McConnell)they might have lived in say the Victoria barracks not to far from St Ann`s where they got married? We also think She moved to Eliza McConnell's 8 clegg square salford when james Jarrett died In belfast as there is no record of him in salford? But Claudia99 this is all Guess work!! I hope you can shed some light on his English/Irish roots. What relation are you to him? Thanks Steve.
Jarrett

Offline willie bat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 31 May 11 15:45 BST (UK) »
Just love it when i see *COMPLETED*  on a posting  ;D

Harry & Mabel Fagan both died that same year.
Harry & Mabel are both buried in southern cemetery nonconformist part grave number H1650
This seems to be a communal grave as there seem to be a lot of othrs buried in it that don't seem to be related?
Harry Fagan buried 23rd July 1901 & Mabel Fagan buried 31st Aug 1901 both were living at number 6 Langshaw street, Stretford at the time of there deaths.

Offline Gilly Wood

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 25 March 17 03:31 GMT (UK) »
Claudia I have been looking at some of your posts several years old - one referred to Edward Fagan 1838. I am in Kerikeri at the top of the North Island of NZ.  I have been looking into the Fagan Heritage. My deceased husband's Uncle was Gordon Fagan.  I have traced Uncle Gordon's family back to Charles Fagan in Lancashire.

Charles Fagan and Ellen (Unknown) had a son Edward christened 09 Dec 1838. Sometimes the christenngs took place months after a birth in those days. if you care to have a look at my Blog Post here is a link:-
http://gillywoodfamily.blogspot.co.nz/2017/03/descendant-register-of-charles-fagan.html
Kind Regards, Gilly. 

Offline claudia99

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 25 March 17 04:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gilly,
Don't think your Edward Fagan and mine are the same.  There could be some link somewhere though as we have Edward, Thomas and Charles as family names around that time.
My Edward's father was a Thomas Fagan, a hawker by trade, born Guernsey around 1807 and here is my block in my tree as we cannot locate him, although we know his father was also a Thomas. 
I will keep you info handy though and come back to you if I can link it.  It may be time fir me to revisit my tree and solve this block! 
Claudia, now in Auckland so not too far away from you!