Author Topic: Sweeton/Sweeter/Sweetin in Armagh  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Aussie Pom

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sweeton/Sweeter/Sweetin in Armagh
« on: Wednesday 23 September 09 05:50 BST (UK) »
Hi

Has anyone come across a Diana/Dina Sweeton/tin/ter born about 1753 in Ireland? She married a Thomas Farrell/Ferrel in about 1773/4.

I am trying to locate her family. Any info on this surname in Ireland would be appreciated, as it appears quite unusual.

Researching:
McCURDY/McCURDIE from Ireland/Scotland
POWELL's from Staffs/Yorks
PATON/PATOUN from Renfrew, Scotland
SIDERIS from Greece
COPLAND from Scotland
BURNS from Strabane, NI
MILLINGTON/EDGAR from Lancashire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline darylr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sweeton/Sweeter/Sweetin in Armagh
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 May 17 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm related to Thomas Farrell & Dina/Diana Sweeton, they are my 4 x great grandparents. I have just discovered that they came from Kilmore, Co. Monaghan in Ireland. They probably married in the Cahans Presbyterian church in Monaghan, and their children were born in Orker & Loyst which are in Monaghan.

Who are you related too ? I'm a descendant of their son Thomas b. 1793.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Sweeton's, but Dina/Diana apparently came from Orker in Kilmore according to Cahans Presbyterian records. I have an idea they might have immigrated to the US as the congregation moved there in the early 1800's.

Regards,

Daryl Rodger

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.