Author Topic: BDM records request  (Read 5059 times)

Offline PeterFerguson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BDM records request
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 11:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Babzi,
Thanks for getting back. This is certainly the same Catherine. if you have access to Ancestry, the tree and images are at http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/76184891/person/32343309651 (I've just added some guessed links based on your John Macauley Carrick reference: the links i am sure of are the Catherine and John Leetch records downwards. My main interest is in the Leetch connection).

The additional information i have relates to John Irwin (a date of birth which makes a link to Gateshead) adn some additional information about the military record of Catherine Irwin's husband John Dwyer Kelly (a methodist minister, WW1 major and chaplain: his diaries are in the Irish national archive PRONI. I haven't seen these, but selections are currently being serialised on a PRONI blog).

The photos some from a family collection, presumably via Edith Isabel Irwin who ended up in Liverpool where my direct family comes from (I have more, but many are not identifiable as specific people). My aunt may know more.

If you don't have access to Ancestry, I could email the details/photos

Peter

Offline babzi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

I agree with you we are on the same ancestral page!
I don't subscribe to Ancestry currently but do occasionally log in at the library.

If you could send me the info on this page or privately at (*) I would be grateful.

I am travelling to Ireland for a holiday in September. And spending a day in Proni to catch up on unfinished searching for my Boyd family connections.  Maybe I can also search John Dwyer Kelly also.

Are you based in the UK or US?

I am in  Australia.

cheers

Babzi

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Irish Scottish
Carrick Boyd Cooper McAuley Dun

Offline PeterFerguson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 18:19 BST (UK) »
I've tried to extract some of the data from Ancestry and emailed these to your gmail account: let me know if you don't receive them (I had to split them into several files and not all the detail was exported, I think).I'm based in the UK
Peter