Author Topic: JOHNSON Marriage ? in Suffolk  (Read 1571 times)

Offline eleanorw28

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
JOHNSON Marriage ? in Suffolk
« on: Thursday 24 September 09 13:06 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the marriage of Peachey (spelling varies) Johnson, baptised Soham 25 March 1714 -  but his marriage was not in Soham, so I am looking in nearby Suffolk and Cambridgeshire parishes.

In  Soham  there was a John Jonson who married Elizabeth Skinner on 12 Apr 1702. One of their children was the said Peachy. If his marriage is found nearby, in abt 1740 ( +/- 5yrs), he was probably the one I am searching for, as Peachy is an unusual forename.

It would be great to find his marriage as I have an otherwise complete line back to abt 1677.

Hoping for a breakthrough,  Eleanor
London - Wilkinson, Jones, Sanders, Fowler.
Cornwall - Jenkin, Buckingham, Frayn.  Cambridgeshire - Johnson, Preston, Marshall. 
Somerset - Watts, Budgett, King.  Norfolk - Leggett, Binks, Spooner.

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
Re: Johnson marriage ? in Suffolk
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 September 09 16:56 BST (UK) »
Peachey/Petchey and all the other variations are not uncommon in Suffolk and I would imagine that there is a family connection to give this surname to baby Johnson  ;)
Might be worth checking Elizabeth's mother and grandmother to see if they were nee Peachey and also John's female ancestors, such as mother and grandmother.

Pat ...
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?