Author Topic: WALKER, twins/brothers went to Australia 1850's.  (Read 6422 times)

Offline Janicekaye

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WALKER, twins/brothers went to Australia 1850's.
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 October 15 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi, My name is Janice Hutchison (nee Ball) and I've just come across your post.  I'm not sure if my ancestors are the same people, but my great-grandfather was Thomas Walker was born in 1825 in Bourne, Lincolnshire, UK .  He died on 12th July 1877 at Aldgate.  Thomas married twice, firstly to    Charlotte Jessop on 06 Jan 1851 in Deeping Fen, Lincolnshire, England.  Charlotte was born in 1823 in Lincolnshire, England and died on  03 Jan 1862, aged 38 years, in Rocksprings, District of Strathalbyn, South Australia, Australia.  Thomas Walker (45 years) then married Eliza LACEY (aged 26 years) on 2nd November 1870, at Macclesfield, South Australia, Australia.  They had a son, Thomas Edward Walker bn. 27th May 1868 – d. 1934, who was my father's grandfather.  My dad's birth mother was Rita May Walker, born to Thomas Edward Walker and Adelaide Victoria Higgins in 1911.   I'd be interested to know if this is the same family and if so, if you have any other information about them.  Many thanks, Janice.

Offline WalkerBrian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 29 April 21 12:47 BST (UK) »
Response to Janicekaye
Hi Janice,  I am your father's cousin. The baby that you nominated as your great grandfather Thomas Edward WALKER was born with spina-bifida on the 27 May 1868 and passed-away 16 Oct 1868 at Bugle Ranges, Ref BDM 34/30.  I have the certificates.  On the 6 Jan 1874 your G-grandfather also named Thomas Edward WALKER was born to the same parents Thomas WALKER and Eliza LACEY at Bugle Ranges, Ref. BDM 143/473.  Now you will find the dates for his marriage and death align with his age. I have birth and marriage certificates.
We have other relatives who also state that Thomas Edward 1 is your G-grandfather and cannot be persuaded otherwise.  It is a long story on why this is so. I prefer not to argue, they are nice people.
Regards Brian WALKER, son of Albert Edward WALKER

Offline Janicekaye

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 21 December 21 07:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian, I have just noticed your reply to my post, back in April.  I recall my father mentioning some time ago he had met with you but I'm not aware of any information you provided to him re our family history.  I was wondering if we could perhaps make contact to share information?  Thanks, Janice.

Offline WalkerBrian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 09 November 22 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janicekaye,
Went to your father's funeral. You did your father proud with your eulogy.  There are so many similarities within the Walker family, I saw it when I met him, and listening to you.  There is no doubt that the Walker/Pitcher gene was dominant within him.
I am happy to pass material on to you.  My apologies for not reading your reply sooner or contacting you at the funeral.  Does the Ball family still live at the family home?  I will drop off some documents there if it is so, otherwise I will make different arrangements.  I did a fair bit of research on Granny's family too including stories of their lives.
I'm sure that we can work out some form of communication, Brian