Author Topic: John BROWN - immigration  (Read 25343 times)

Offline Tigers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John BROWN - immigration
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 11 March 15 03:57 GMT (UK) »
Correction to previous posting ... the death of Bridget was 1837, not 1937

Offline diannes942

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 17 April 15 00:52 BST (UK) »
Thomas Brown, son of Robert and Frances Brown was my great great grandfather, and brother of John Brown of Canonbar.  He was the owner of the Exchange Hotel in West Maitland NSW and when he died on 26 February 1879 his wife Tamar continued running the hotel.  They had 7 children.  I would like to find out what happened to Robert Brown after he received his pardon in 1829.  Cannot find his or Frances' death dates.,
Robert Brown was convicted of manslaughter in Athlone, County Roscommon in 1824 and sentenced to transportation for life, along with the 4 other watchmen involved in the murder.

Offline Tigers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 17 April 15 04:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane,
               Thanks for your comments. I can help you with Frances Kelly death information - 26th October, 1870 aged 78 years is stated in SMH on 27th October, 1870. I know that Robert worked in Carter's Barracks in Sydney for a time and resided in Paddington. I am related to this line via Charles William Brown (a Compositor) who died in 1856 in Hobart and his Daughter Charlotte Mary Anne Brown may have resided with Robert at some stage after her fathers death. It would be interesting to compare notes with you on the research, but I do not know how that is possible.

Regards,
Paul

Offline Tigers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 17 April 15 05:11 BST (UK) »
Hi,
     Could you tell me the parents names shown on Robert Browns' baptism certificate.

Regards,
Paul

Offline Tigers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 21 April 15 05:56 BST (UK) »
Has anyone got any definitive proof/documentation that John Brown (land owner in Canonbar) is the son of Robert and Frances Brown. On the death certificate I have noted that his father was named Thomas Brown (occupation clerk) and the dates do not align. I like to have supporting facts before claiming an ancestor and hopefully your assistance will provide some.

I am related through Charles William Brown (eldest son of Robert & Frances Brown) for whom I cannot find a record of entry into Australia, but I have supporting proof that he was their son. If anyone is interested in this line please contact me.

Regards,
Paul

Offline flag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 23 January 17 04:53 GMT (UK) »
I  was given this information some time ago, and am not convinced  that John Brown of cannonbar is the son of Robert and Frances Brown.  I also would like to see documentation to prove this.

John Brown has been very well  researched for many years by an elderly descendant of John  Brown and Ann Buckley, although the parentage of John Brown still eludes everyone.

martin ireland
samuels bristol uk
britton bristol uk
cook  nz
bowler nz
moore nz
falls  scotland