Author Topic: Foster Shildon  (Read 9255 times)

Offline moraf

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Foster Shildon
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 18 October 09 17:14 BST (UK) »
Hi,
 I went to the local library yesterday but couldn't find anything about James and Jane.
Unable to find a marriage cert. so Jane's maiden name remains a mystery. Also not sure if
the James that was killed at Shildon Lodge is my James.
Lynch-Kerry,Newport,Gateshead,Co.Durham
Egglestone-Weardale
Foster-Co.Durham
Jones-Co.Durham
Wade-Co.Durham
Wilkinson-North East
Dalkin-Teesdale

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 18 October 09 23:28 BST (UK) »

Also not sure if the James that was killed at Shildon Lodge is my James.

The only way to find out would be to look at his death cert, but it would be better to find the marriage cert first, or perhaps, as I said re the marriage of Joseph and Mary Jane, a child'd birth cert would give Jane's maiden name.  You could also go for the Jane Forster/Richard Hollingworth marriage cert, but stipulate that you only want it if she was a widow.  It should give you her maiden name.

Kind regards
Barbara
 :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline moraf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 30 December 09 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,

I've got a copy of marriage cert. for James Forster and Jane Bussey. February 2nd 1852
Resident at Chapel Row Old Shildon. James' father was William Forster and Janes' father was John Bussey. Married in the Church of St. John, Shildon.

Moraf.
Lynch-Kerry,Newport,Gateshead,Co.Durham
Egglestone-Weardale
Foster-Co.Durham
Jones-Co.Durham
Wade-Co.Durham
Wilkinson-North East
Dalkin-Teesdale

Offline holtwood

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 06 January 12 17:13 GMT (UK) »
I was looking on Google for some info and came across "Rev Spencer Wade" He was my grandfather and certainly came from the Auckland area. His father was ?a pit manager. Am not into geneology but his dates were approx 1888-mid 1970s if I can be of more help I will.
He married Annie Hindmarch & had one  son John Basil Spencer Wade born around 1919

Offline Shadows

• RootsChat Extra
  • mam & me
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 30 July 15 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hi im looking for the birth and family of my adopted dad, his name was John Robert Foster b. c1918 in Shildon (I think). He had two brothers James and Richard. Does anyone have these people in their family. (I don't know anything else about them).

Susan
Names: Boggon, Beardsley, Coulthard, Thomas, Tate, Smart, Stark, Ridley, Hudson, Hardy, Lloyd, Curry, Fairclough, Thompson, Allen, Simon, Jones, Hunter.
Areas: Durham, Northumberland, Staffs, Shropshire, Lancashire, Scotland,Wales, Ireland