Author Topic: Looking for family of Patrick Taggart & Mary Mulholland  (Read 19647 times)

Offline ledavi01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for family of Patrick Taggart & Mary Mulholland
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 20 August 11 23:24 BST (UK) »
Hi TallyO

Many thanks for your post and apologies for my delay in replying.  Since I posted this I have received a wealth of contacts and information from descendants both in the US and Australia.  A grandson of Francis Taggart (your grandmothers brother) has provided me with a lot of information on Patrick and Mary's children/grandchildren and a photo of their children.  I now believe that your grandmother was born on the 20th July 1891 in Croy, Cumbernauld.  I am happy to share this information with you. 

If you could make two further posts to this topic I will be able to message you with my email and provide further info if you wish.  I have a lot of the Scottish history if you are also interested.

Kind regards

Lesley
Conroy/Malady - Roscommon, Irl -> Lanc, Eng -> Dunb, Sco.
Ainsworth/Kidd - Lanc, Eng.
McCann/McKee/Meechan/McGrorty/Dunn/Taggart/Leslie/Devlin/Docherty - Irl ->  Dunb, Sco / Stir, Sco
Rice/Gorrian - Co Down, Irl -> Stir, Sco & Dunb, Sco
Simpson - Irl -> Lan, Sco -> Dunb, Sco
Johnstone - Irl -> Ayrshire, Sco -> Dunb, Sco
Curran - Stir, Sco
O'Brien - Irl -> Edi, Sco -> Dunb, Sco

Offline TallyO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 21 August 11 02:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks for reply, the birthdate matches closely to what I found for census, death certificate here.  Appreciate the response. /Tally O

Offline TallyO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 21 August 11 02:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks for reply, the birthdate matches closely to what I found for census, death certificate here.  Appreciate the response. /Tally O

Offline TallyO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 21 August 11 02:15 BST (UK) »
I might have some old pictures of family on Mary's side, but do not have them organized yet. Tally O

Offline ptref01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 03 October 11 21:06 BST (UK) »
My mother was Mary Taggart.  She was the daughter of Patrick and Mary (Cunningham) Taggart.  The Patrick Taggart you have living in Racine Wisconsin would be my grandfather's father.  My great grandmother passed from the flu around 1918 and my grandfather was raised by his aunt and uncle.  My mother was the oldest and was twins with her sister Patricia Taggart (Aunt Patsy).  My grandparents third child was Patrick (Uncle Pat).  Uncle Pat's first son was named Patrick as well.

One note: My grandfather, who was born in Cherry IL, had mentioned to me several times that some of his uncles where some of the few survivors of the 1909 Cherry Coal Mine fire in Cherry IL.  This was one of the largest mining disasters in US history.

Offline minnie1703

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 29 January 12 18:14 GMT (UK) »
hi patrick taggart 1861 parents were patrick taggart and catherine mkeown....if anyone fancies sharing info, these are my 7xgrt grandparents

Offline mikekohr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 10 February 12 03:47 GMT (UK) »
Patrick Taggart and Mary Mullholand were my great grandparents. I have pictures of both of them in older age. Pat and two of his sons  were in the great Cherry Mine Disaster on November of 1909, but survived the fire by climbing up the air shaft. The two bedroom miner's shack is still lived in by one of his grandchildren. Pat raised his children and those of his sister's who died in the flu epidemic of 1919. The street this house is located on was called "Widow's Row," or "Dead Row," as all but two houses on the entire street lost fathers or sons in the disaster.
His daughter, Sarah Taggart Kohr Raulston, my paternal grandmother outlived two husbands and lived to the age of 93. She was concieved on the trip over from Scotland. She told us that it was not just the waves rocking the boat.
mike kohr

Offline mikekohr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 10 February 12 04:32 GMT (UK) »
My Grandmother Sarah Taggart, daughter of Patrick and Mary Taggart was born on April 8th, 1905. At the age of 16 she married John Kohr and had 6 children before he passed over from a heart attack in 1936. She was remarried in the 60's to Johnston (John) J Roulston who was born on May 19th, 1893. He passed over on March 24th, 1976. Grandma lived until April 2nd, 1998. She was a fierce and life-long Democrat. She said she and her children would have starved to death had it not been for FDR and the Democratic Party. She told her grandchildren it was a mortal sin to vote Republican. And she meant it.Funeral services were held in Cherry's Holy Trinity Church and she was buried in Cherry, Illinois near her mother and father. Father Kevin Gorman OSB was the officiating priest. Three of her children, Katherine, Ellen and Mary have since passed on.
mike kohr

Offline minnie1703

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 11 February 12 15:46 GMT (UK) »
Patrick Taggart and Mary Mullholand were my great grandparents. I have pictures of both of them in older age. Pat and two of his sons  were in the great Cherry Mine Disaster on November of 1909, but survived the fire by climbing up the air shaft. The two bedroom miner's shack is still lived in by one of his grandchildren. Pat raised his children and those of his sister's who died in the flu epidemic of 1919. The street this house is located on was called "Widow's Row," or "Dead Row," as all but two houses on the entire street lost fathers or sons in the disaster.
His daughter, Sarah Taggart Kohr Raulston, my paternal grandmother outlived two husbands and lived to the age of 93. She was concieved on the trip over from Scotland. She told us that it was not just the waves rocking the boat.
mike kohr
hi i was wondering if you could please pm me a copy of your photograph?