Author Topic: Looking for family of Patrick Taggart & Mary Mulholland  (Read 19699 times)

Offline pjt2

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for family of Patrick Taggart & Mary Mulholland
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 May 10 22:13 BST (UK) »
Frank Taggart was my grandfather.  I would be happy to share the family information I have with you.

Offline ledavi01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 May 10 23:08 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for getting in touch.  I have tried several times to send a personal message to you which you may have recieved but is coming through as an error on my side.  I have a lot of info and certs on the Scottish side which I am willing to share and equally I am keen to find out what happened to the Taggart family in the US.  My email is (*).  I would really appreciate you getting in touch.

Lesley

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Conroy/Malady - Roscommon, Irl -> Lanc, Eng -> Dunb, Sco.
Ainsworth/Kidd - Lanc, Eng.
McCann/McKee/Meechan/McGrorty/Dunn/Taggart/Leslie/Devlin/Docherty - Irl ->  Dunb, Sco / Stir, Sco
Rice/Gorrian - Co Down, Irl -> Stir, Sco & Dunb, Sco
Simpson - Irl -> Lan, Sco -> Dunb, Sco
Johnstone - Irl -> Ayrshire, Sco -> Dunb, Sco
Curran - Stir, Sco
O'Brien - Irl -> Edi, Sco -> Dunb, Sco

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 07 May 10 23:57 BST (UK) »
pjt2 needs to make another post or two before the PM system will work.

Offline lwsncrg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 December 10 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Saw this and couldn't not write.  I am the granddaughter of Katherine Taggert.  She did not die in 1904 in Scotland.  She didnot come to America with the family back in 1904 but came with her uncles I am told. She did join them in Cherry Illinois where she met my grandfather Joseph I. Irvin. They moved to Iowa then Minnesotat and back and forth finally settling in Minn.  In this marriage she had eight children Joseph, David, Mary, John, Edward, James, Paul, and Margaret. Joseph died in 1930-1932 from cancer in Minnesota. Maragret died very early believe she was married a man named Dunn. She then at some later date married Aaron Hogeboom and they had one daughter Catherine. Gramma died when she was 94 or 95. Aaron passed in 1979 I think and Catherine maybe 10 years ago, not sure.  Of the Irvin children the surviving children are (*).  .  Let me know if I can help more.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data. New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline ledavi01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 December 10 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much for responding to this post which has provided me with a great deal of information and contacts in both Australia and the US.

Since posting this I have found a lot more out about this family (and a few surprises!) and will PM you.

Thanks again for getting in touch.
McCann/McKee/Meechan/McGrorty/Dunn/Taggart/Leslie/Devlin/Docherty - Irl ->  Dunb, Sco / Stir, Sco
Curran - Stir, Sco

Offline ledavi01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 27 December 10 19:52 GMT (UK) »
HI lwsncrg

Just realised that this is your 1st post on rootschat so I wont be able to PM you until you have made 2 more (blank ones if its easier).

To fill you in briefly, when I first posted this we believed that Katherine's father (Patrick) was my husbands gr-gr grandmother's (Margaret O'Brien nee Taggart / McKeown) brother.  We have since found out that he was her half-brother.  As we had been unable to find her on the passenger list with the family we assumed that she had either died before 1904 or had remained in Scotland.

However, through further research and contacts I have made through this post I have discovered that she did in fact travel to the US and was aware of her marriage to both.

I believe she died 5th May 1982 in Mower????  The date of birth I have for her is 22nd Oct 1889 in Lanarkshire, Scotland.

Many thanks for the info that you have already posted and I would appreciate it if you could make another couple of posts so that I could PM you - I am unable to post my email address here.

Thanks again

Lesley
Curran - Stir, Sco

Offline lwsncrg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 27 December 10 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Appears you have been very busy with the Taggert family.  Ashamed to say I paid little attention growing up and now living to regret it.  You say you found out my grandmother came over do you know the date and point of entry as it's beeen rather vague as far as my mom has told me.

Offline lwsncrg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 27 December 10 20:38 GMT (UK) »
The dates on my grandma are correct. She is buried in Austin alongside her first husband Joseph. Still trying to find out where they married. I do know they traveled to Pa in 1909 and visited his parents.  My sister told me that gramma met grandpa taking lunch to the miners.  Sounds cute.

Offline TallyO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 18 June 11 22:01 BST (UK) »
I am a grandaughter to Mary E. Brady (Taggart), whose birthdate matches closely to your Mary of ten children of
Patrick Taggart, and Mary Mulholland.  I remember my Grandmother Mary, telling me when I was quite young about
coming to the USA, from Scotland with her family.  The brothers, and sisters you have listed sound very familiar to the
names, and the people I met when I was young.  Sad to say, I can not offer  accurate dates or info on those relatives
that have passed, I will have to do more research too.  My Grandmother Mary, was married to George Brady, and
they farmed in the Sargeant, MN area.  Grandma Brady later moved to Austin, MN where she passed in 1970s.