Author Topic: Where to start with Italian research  (Read 940 times)

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where to start with Italian research
« on: Saturday 03 October 09 11:53 BST (UK) »
Hi all

My first venture on this board,   and am looking  for some assistance,  wondering how hard and where to start with Italian research..... am trying to find MASCI and Scopeta families,  as far as i know Masci is from  Villamagna  ? 

Daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline tenby tart

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Where to start with Italian research
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Daizi

Have you looked on familysearch there are a lot of Masci on the site, its quite difficult to search on line (Ive been trying to find my elusive Italian ggrandfather for 6 years) If you can find out the place they were born you can then write or in some cases email the City Hall.

If you would like any assitance let me know I think I know all the Italian sites now LOL.

Regards Lynne
Weare Monmouthshire
Bossolo Besselo Italy
Watkins Risca Monmouthshire
Perry Birmingham

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 10:39 BST (UK) »

Hi Lynne, 

thanks for that,  any help i can get is a help... ;D

The names is MASCI,  i have Sivino /Silvano  born 1909 in Villamagna ,  Chieti,  Abruzzo

Silvano  married a  Maldina Scoppetta,  and had many children,  1 of which was born 1933  and emmigrated to Australia in 1952

Daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia

Offline Lydart

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 10:49 BST (UK) »
You're fortunate to at least have a name !

My illegit father had an Italian father.  End of story !    How on earth do I find him ? !!

Sorry ... back to your questioning !    Good luck !
Dorset/Wilts/Hants: Trowbridge Williams Sturney/Sturmey Prince Foyle/Foil Hoare Vincent Fripp/Frypp Triggle/Trygel Adams Hibige/Hibditch Riggs White Angel Cake 
C'wall/Devon/France/CANADA (Barkerville, B.C.): Pomeroy/Pomerai/Pomroy
Som'set: Clark(e) Fry
Durham: Law(e)
London: Hanham Poplett
Lancs/Cheshire/CANADA (Kelowna, B.C. & Sask): Stubbs Walmesley

WRITE LETTERS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO TREASURE ... EMAILS DISAPPEAR !

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 11:01 BST (UK) »

Thanks Lydart,   yes am doing it for a good friend,  so hopefully can find something

Daizi