Author Topic: Help please have 1915 marriage cert, birth cert and cannot find bride & father  (Read 10044 times)

Offline Treelover

• I have turned off all email notifications
  • --
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help please have 1915 marriage cert and still cannot find them
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 22:02 BST (UK) »
Gosh WOW Galium  :o  :o  :o

Thank you so much for all your hard work here.  Will definately chase up the information you have provided.

Let me know when you have nothing to do, I have now received another marriage certificate and have another problem to solve  ;D

Joan

Offline Treelover

• --
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help please have 1915 marriage cert, birth cert and cannot find bride & father
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 00:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi

This is still a puzzle.  I received Susan Mary Stokes birth certificate and yes she is the one born Rugby district 20th March 1897. Father Edward Stephen Stokes railway labourer and mother was Hannah Smith.

I have now made contact with the lady who had Emma Stokes in her tree.  She is as stuck as I am.  Emma was Susan's sister and it looks like the Edward Stephen who died young in Rugby was their brother.

This contact thinks Edward Stephen Stokes was born 1863 and died 1925.  Edward married Hannah in Uppingham, Rutland in 1893.

I'm really hoping I don't have to pay for their marriage certificate.  I'm doing this tree for someone and have set a moderate fee, I don't really want to be out of pocket once I have gone as far as I can. 

There is an Edward Stephen Stokes born Whissendine Rutland who looks like he might fit the bill (there is also one born Derbyshire). Parents Joseph Stokes born 1832 and Mary Stokes born 1837, they fit in and that Edward has a sister Emma and a sister Susan.  But it all goes pear shaped as later on there seems to be another Edward born in the family.

Sorry this is a little long winded.  Can someone just take a look at the 1871 RG10; Piece: 3300; Folio: 135; Page: 21  and follow the family and see if they can make any sense of it. 

Still cannot find Edward/Hannah/Susan on 1891 1901 1911 or Emma on the 1901 or 1911.

Forgot to mention.  On Susan Mary's birth certificate her place of birth is Stillinton Warwicks RD.  Cannot find a Stillinton even though it is very clearly written on two places on her certificate.

Any offers please
Thanks
Joan

Offline Treelover

• --
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help please have 1915 marriage cert, birth cert and cannot find bride & father
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Me again

Just realised this post is still under Wales.  Is there any way I can move the WHOLE of the post to Warwickshire?

Joan

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 07:16 GMT (UK) »
Hopefully a moderator will pick this up now and move it........please nice moderator  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 07:29 GMT (UK) »
Here's a list of all the districts covered by the Rugby reg office.

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/rugby.html

Could it be Shilton?

Carol

Offline Treelover

• --
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Nope its not Shilton

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Looks like Hillmorton to me?

added- yes Hillmorton, south east of Rugby almost on the border with Northamptonshire.

Carol

Offline Treelover

• --
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Oooh so it does ::)

Just wish to could find this family its really driving me nuts  ::)

Joan

Thank you moderator for moving my post - much appreciated  ;D

Offline Matt Wilson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 16 August 15 11:15 BST (UK) »
Hi guys, Edward Stephen stokes was my great granddad and his daughters emma and susan were my great aunties. Edward Stephen stokes was born oct 11 1903 in rutland and died feb 1 1920 of pneumonia. I have 9 of them, including my granddad George henry stokes living at hull in the 1911 census. Emma died in 1977 and susan died in 1960 of cancer. I have many photos, death certificates and birth certificates and more information of the stokes family if you wanna to get in contact and share more stuff. Matthew Wilson.