Author Topic: Looking for Robert Welsh Bisset Russell & Margaret Hamilton's families.  (Read 17593 times)

Offline ar42811

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Robert Welsh Bisset Russell & Margaret Hamilton's families.
« Reply #27 on: Friday 08 December 17 06:59 GMT (UK) »
Robert Welsh Bisset died in Dumfries April 6th 1959. On the registration his death is a record of his Marriages to Robina Gardiner Kirk (Dumfries),  & Margaret Hamilton (Tollgate). The former he married as Bisset the latter as Russell. Both marriage certificates 1910 & 1911 confirms neither  name Russell nor Bisset appears on both. (See my explanation under post on Robert Welsh Bisset Russell)
He has two sons born 1917 & 1919 with Margaret Hamiltion (can confirm that both deceased), Family legend (story) there was also another son status unknown & a daughter went To Canada- no information.
This Margaret Hamilton (Death Certificate died 1st November 1956 Royal infirmary widow of Robert Welsh Russell)  & her sons were connected with Duke Street area and there was a divide of some sort in the 1920's (post WWI). the sons were sent to Ireland returning early 1930's.
Note: while MH death certificate indicate she was the widow of RWR, the man was alive & living in Dumfries only passing away three years later.
 I am interested in finding more on the Hamiltons of this family.

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 08 December 17 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Margaret Hamilton's daughter, married in UK & went to live in South Africa. She was my mother in law.
Regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 08 December 17 12:34 GMT (UK) »
I would want to see death certificate of RWBR before I make any comments about this family. I see too many conflicting information between your info & mine. So at present I cannot except this is the same family as yours.

Regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline ar42811

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 08 December 17 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Attached is an extract from The Death Certificate No832/232 of Robert Welsh Bisset 1959 Dumfries
Last two line hold the key
regards

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 08 December 17 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Please first can you tell me who you are?
Thank you for death certificate, please can I see other section of death cert? I can see that RWB was married to both women. However there is still a lot of conflicting evidence. I as yet cannot find RWBR's birth, and as his parents are different to RWB's parents, or the conflicting census which has him in two different places, also that RWB's sister is different to RWBR's sister.
There is conflicting information I cannot agree with.
My method of research has always been to gather all info before making any connections. 
Regards Trish