Author Topic: MULLINS family of Kilbehenny  (Read 13453 times)

Offline pastpresent

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MULLINS family of Kilbehenny
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 October 09 18:08 BST (UK) »
Hello again Coffin Dodger,

I have very limited info regarding my g-grandmothers parents. Apparently, she didn't speak of Ireland-ever. I do know that her sister Bridget moved to the US in the 1890's or early 1900's and she married a man with the last name "Connors".
The last letter from Ireland that my grandmother received in the early 1970's was addressed as, Kiltankin,  Kilbehenny, Mitchelstown, Co Cork.
I believe at that time the only relative that she heard from had the last name of "Byrne". Perhaps the married daughter of g-grandmothers brother.
My Grandmother died shortly after that and no one else seemed to stay in touch.
This past April, my mother and I went on holiday to Ireland. Neither of us had ever been, and she's 81 so it seemed like a great idea. We went to Sunday Mass in the church at kilbehenny. I can say that there were alot of "Mullins" in the cemetary. None of them were old though...They were all fairly new. I had hoped to find the grave of Patrick and Johanna, but they must have been buried someplace else.
Please don't hesitate to ask other questions, and if you get a marriage certificate, please let me know what is says...
Good Luck with your search !

Offline cmullins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 October 09 19:26 BST (UK) »
Looking for an Edmund Mullins b1805, (his father also Edmund) ,wife Bridget Kennedy born in Glin, Limerick.
Any connect. Thanks

Offline Davidfleming

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 30 January 10 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Dear Coffindodger and Pastpresent,

There are several Mullins families in the parish of Kilbehenny, some in Mitchelstown and more in neighbouring parishes. I have done alot of research of most of them.

Coffindodger, Your family originated, it seems, from Andrew Mullins of Knockrour. I have yet to fully identify the sons and daughters of his family, but Patrick, who married Mary Sherlock, was born in 1851. As you know from the 1911 census, he had moved to Mitchelstown. There he married, on 26 Feb. 1882, and had the following children: Ellen (1883), Andrew (1886), Catherine (1889), Michael (1890), John (1893), Michael (1895), Mark William (1896?), Bridget (1900) and least two more between 1896 and 1900, as the census says that of ten children born to them, six were living in 1911. 

Pastpresent. We are related. My great-great grandfather was Patrick Mullins married to Johanna Moloney of Knocknascrow, Kilbehenny. Their children were Patrick, Ellen, John, Mary, Michael, Catherine, Johanna and William Mullins. The latter is my great-grandfather, who inherited the farm at Knocknascrow, Kilbehenny. I have a great deal of information on this family, and would be delighted to correspond with you.

Please write to me at Department of History, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland, for further information. Email address will be supplied.

David Fleming

Offline veritygay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 01 February 10 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Im new to Rootschat and not too sure how it operates.  Am presently researching my gg grandfather Thomas Mullins Usher who married Margaret Mary Maloney both we think from the Tralee, Kerry district of Ireland.  It appears they married in approximately 1848 ish, and their first son Thomas was born in Portsmouth 1850, John (my g grandfather) born in 1852 in Plymouth and Edward Samuel born in Glasgow 1854 then one daughter Margaret born in Hazareebagh in 1862 whilst Thomas was in 77th Regt. of Foot.  He then remarried Eliza Jane Leer.  Any further information would be so appreciated. Thanks

Offline pastpresent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 16 March 10 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello again David!

Or should I say "cousin David"?

We are most definately related...I just read your post. This is very exciting. I wish I knew this last year, because I brought my Mother on a trip to Ireland. We even attended Mass at the Parish of Kilbehenny.

It was a wonderful experience.

I will be forwarding you my personal e-mail soon.

Meryl

Offline whowhere

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 29 October 11 01:57 BST (UK) »
did you try the old graveyard in kilbehenny. there's a tommy mullins in shrove, kilbehenny mitchelstown co cork, if you check the archives of the avondhupress.ie there was an article about his brother who went missing in the congo while serving in the peacekeeping forces while stationed there. there's also a denny mullins and a joe mullins in shrove. i believe one of the houses just 2 -3 doors down from dan caseys pub was mullins pub years ago and there was a mullins woman living there but i think she died. i believe tommy mullins was related to her. im afraid i cant remember any mullins in kiltanklin. theres also mullins up behenagh, kilbehenny. hope these people are able to help you

Offline diggerdave24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 26 March 16 21:27 GMT (UK) »
I just signed up here and am finding my way around.
This looks like my family. I tracked down Billy Mullins of Kilbehnney and visited the farm in 2002. Missed them at the farm and couldn't wait for them to come home.
Fast forward to 2016. I contacted The Kilbehenny Civic Center and found out that Billy is still living on the farm. I am sending him a letter with photos now.
My grandmother was Bridget Mullins (O'Connor). She emegrated to the US to follow her older sister sometime in the 1890's. She married James O'Connor and my mother was born in 1900. Ireland Reaching Out was a little sparse on information but I did track the family down.
I've received a few tantalizing clues but couldn't find a place to "chat" with anyone. Let's compare notes.
Dave

Offline diggerdave24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 26 March 16 21:47 GMT (UK) »
One further thought.
I have my grandmother's birth/baptismal certificate.
Brigid Mullins born  20 January 1870   Diocese of Cashel   Parish of Kilbehenny
  Father   Patrick Mullins
  Mother  Johanna Maloney        (they caller her Joaney Maloney) I remember that.