Author Topic: Joseph PEARCE/Jane FENNELL  (Read 8478 times)

Offline BarbL

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph PEARCE/Jane FENNELL
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 26 April 11 18:48 BST (UK) »
My husband is Gordon Leaper, great grandson of Wm Leaper and Mary Pearce. I have the history from when they immigrated til now. Also some I have found on line. So you Leaper and Pearce relatives write.  Barb Leaper

Offline Larry Lamb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 22 September 16 21:22 BST (UK) »
I came across your thread while doing a family tree for my cousin's husband. He is a great-great grandson of Roger Pearce and Ann Putnam through his grandfather William Pearce Blake; and a great-great grandson of Joseph Stapleford Pearce and Jane Fennell through his grandmother Matilda Jane Leaper. In regards to the topics discussed here, I was unable as well to find a christening for Joseph Stapleford Pearce, but penciled in as his possible parents Joseph Stapleford and Mary Stapleford, who were married in nearby Brighton, Sussex on August 29 1803. I had William Pearce and Betty as Roger's parents, but did not have the further information on them discussed above, which I am grateful for. I went back in detail only as far as Roger and Joseph Stapleford's generation. I don't know how they were related, but I'm sure they likely were; Joseph Stapleford was back in the Bromham area in 1826 when he married Jane Fennell in nearby Melksham. Both couples lived in Bromham for the rest of their lives, and their families were obviously close; when Ann died, Roger boarded with Joseph and Jane. I'm guessing William Leper met Mary Pearce (Joseph Stapleford and Jane's daughter) at the Rectory at Ayot St. Peter's, where he was the Butler and she was the Cook in the 1851 census. They were married in November, and came to New York the next year, in company with William Pearce (Roger and Ann's son) and his wife. I was able to trace most of the children of both Roger/ Ann and Joseph Stapleford/ Jane, six of whom came to Canada and all lived near each other in the Pickering-Markham area. I was curious about the Australia/ New Zealand connection however, as I had no information in that regard. I would be glad to share the information I have; and especially to receive any further information and corrections to my information regarding the children of Roger/ Ann and Joseph Stapleford/ Jane which I would be glad to post here if anyone is still following this. Thank you, Larry   

Offline Larry Lamb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 23 September 16 12:06 BST (UK) »
I should correct a typo in my previous post. It was John Pearce and his wife Elizabeth who came to Canada with William and Mary Leaper. The four children of Roger and Ann that came to Canada were Elizabeth, Thomas Hopkins, John Hopkins, and William; the two children of Joseph Stapleford and Jane were Mary, and Joseph Stapleford.