Author Topic: A Real Humdinger  (Read 6229 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: A Real Humdinger
« Reply #9 on: Monday 04 October 10 00:13 BST (UK) »
David

Aussienewberry is a new member and must make 3 posts before they can contact you by pm

You would be better sending a pm to them yourself and exchange personal email addresses
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline aussienewberry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 04 October 10 03:13 BST (UK) »
thxs Carole , i'm new on this site and that is what i want is direct contact........i dont know the rules or how to pm or anything......but wanna obey the site rules

Offline Suzanne 41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 August 12 09:24 BST (UK) »
:)

Hi everyone. I wonder if anyone can help me with this humdinger. I have a Henry Newbury 1791 – 1849 married to a Martha Eckersley 1798 – they have the following children all born in Manchester:

John Eckersley Newbury 1820 (he was later Tried and Sentenced in Lancaster Quarter Sessions England UK for 7 years for stealing lead from a roof)
Henry Newbury 1826 is on the 1841 census with his twin sons and a lodger transcribed as Hickson who is connected to the neighbours where Mary Newbury the daughter is staying i.e the Cartwightes, the Hickson family live next door.
William Newbury 1826 as above with Henry and his father.

Which comes to Mary Newbury 1829
Martha 1834 and
Elizabeth 1836

Martha the mother, Elizabeth and Martha are all nowhere to be found on the 1841 census which leads me to believe they all died, as Henry is living with his sons and his daughter is living with his sister from Ireland married to a Cartwight.

All of the sons i.e. John Eckersley Newbury, Henry jnr and William his twin I have traced along with there marriages and children however I cannot find Mary b.1829 christened 1834. on any census?

Can anyone help?

Offline Suzanne 41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 23 August 12 09:31 BST (UK) »
I live in Australia and am a direct descendant of Henry and Martha Newbury through their eldest son, John Eckersley Newbury.   I would be interested in learning more about Henry's sister from Ireland who married Cartwight.

Do you know where Henry was born in Ireland and who his parents were?

Don

Offline Suzanne 41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 02:52 BST (UK) »
My ancestor was John Eccersley Newbury, son of Henry and Martha - transported to Australia.
What you have posted concerning the sister of Henry is news to me. I have a copy of Henry's possible death certificate which states the information was supplied by Alice.   Is Alice the sister who married Cartwright?  What other information do you have concerning the Newburys in Ireland.
I knew Henry was born in Ireland (1841 census)and have researched the name Newbury/Newberry in Cookstown Co Tyrone but am unable to make any connections with Henry, my ancestor.
I live in Australia and am anxious to know if there are current descendants of Henry still living in the UK and if so how can I make contact.

Don Newbury

Offline Armi2350

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 01 March 18 06:21 GMT (UK) »
There is a Brazier/ Newberry reunion for the descendants of John Eckersley Newberry if Manchester and John Brazier if Pavenham this coming lo g weekend. Armidale NSW...
Is it allowed to post details.
(NSW Australia)