Author Topic: O"Neill of Whitechurch  (Read 20949 times)

Offline aoifec

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O"Neill of Whitechurch
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 15 June 10 21:21 BST (UK) »
you should look up the website horeswood national school. they have a great website with old photos of whitechurch and the surrounding area. the man who designed this also has a book about all the old schools in the surrounding areas which has great photos. I used to live in Whitechurch

Offline Lyndairish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 15 June 10 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Aoifec,

Thank you for the info, you are correct it is a great site. I was hoping that I would find a relative but no such luck. I remember visiting Whitechurch when I was very young. I will certainly be back for a visit on my next trip to Ireland.
Many thanks,
Lynda
I am researching my Great Grandparents James (1851) O'Neill and wife Sarah (1848). He was a carriage maker living in Whitechurch, Co Wexford.

Thomas (1843) Walsh and his wife May(1844) a farmer from Rochestown, Co Kilkenny, Ireland

William Washbrook 1776 family of  Shotteswell, Warwickshire, England.

Offline davidamcguinness

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 27 June 10 15:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,

My name is Davida McGuinness, Patrick O'Neill & Bridget Caulfield was my grandmothers( Pauline O'Neill's) parents. Myself and my cousin Joan Devereux are actively seeking information as a lot of history has died with the passing of these family members. We would love if we have any more info that can be shared or swapped.

Offline nowel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 30 June 10 12:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Davida

Patrick b. 1882 was the son of James O'Neill and Sarah Power. Married Bridget Caulfield 1910 in Waterford. He had 11 siblings, six of whom died young. Of the remaining five, Thomas married Anastatia Ryan, from which my wife's family descends. Katie married Michael Walsh. Sarah married Andrew Boland 1917 and James married Kathleen Murphy and died 1978. Margaret married Thomas Quinn and died Waterford 1947.
All had large families. Can p.m details once you have submitted three posts.
Weldon - Waterford.
Smale, Small - Sussex, Kent.
Treacy - Waterford, U.K, New York. South Africa
Van Eesbeck - Waterford, Limerick, Belgium, U.S
Purcell -  Kilkenny, Waterford
Flood - Waterford.
O'Neill - Waterford, Kilkenny, Wexford.
Nicholson - Waterford

Offline davidamcguinness

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 30 June 10 13:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Noel,

Thanks for that information. Lynda suggested I place the birth/marriage, death dates on her Family Tree on Ancestry, we are still trying to find those.

Myself and another cousin (Great granddaughters of Patrick & Bridget) Are planning an overnight to Waterford in the next couple of weeks, hopefully to find more information. It's nice knowing you all exist  8)

Offline davidamcguinness

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 30 June 10 13:44 BST (UK) »
Noel,

Would be great if you could PM me more information. Also did Patrick have a son James? I know he had two daughters Pauline and Josie, but a James is only recently what I have been told?
Thanks again

Davida

Offline yc_1967

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 14 July 10 16:35 BST (UK) »
HI Lynda, my name is Yvonne ( O Neill maiden name), my great grandfather Patrick was your grandfathers brother. 
Patrick left Whitechurch and settled in Waterford, according to my father (James Leonard) he worked on a local estate - Waterford Castle as a coachman, there are many cousins still living in the Waterford city area .
My father has been recently contacted by a relative in dublin, who is coming to see Dad on Saturday and hopefully we may be able to figure out some of the gaps.
As children I can remember Dad talking about some of the family who went to Canada /Usa, so I take it your on this side somewhere- I have only taken an interest very recently in the history - so it may take some time to figure out who's who. Bear with us, hopefully the weekend will be interesting.

Offline yc_1967

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 14 July 10 16:40 BST (UK) »
Hello Davida , my name is Yvonne, I am a granddaughter of James O Neill - Patricks son.
I hear you are coming to Waterford on Saturday to meet with my dad, hopefully I will get to meet you then, this whole thing has sparked my curiosity - have been showing Dad the 1901/1911 census returns trying to make sense of it all.
Looking forward to seeing what you have un-earthed - should be interesting.

Yvonne

Offline davidamcguinness

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 14 July 10 19:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Yvonne,

Oh this is great..If you would like my mobile you can email me (*).
Joan another cousin will be coming with me. We are delighted that we have found so much background, and I know what you mean re the curiosity  :)

We are staying overnight in Waterford and expect to be in Waterford by 2 pm, hopefully pop into see Leonard then, who is your Dad ?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Davida x

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php