Author Topic: Marriage Lookup - Bridget Alsop and Joseph Hands  (Read 3980 times)

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • View of Hinckley - 1791
    • View Profile
Marriage Lookup - Bridget Alsop and Joseph Hands
« on: Saturday 17 October 09 18:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

I wondered whether anyone had access to a resource that may tell me the details of a marriage between Bridget Alsop and Joseph Hands that took place in Jun Q 1858, in the Hinckley district - probably in Burbage.

Thanks in advance.

TB

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup - Bridget Alsop and Joseph Hands
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 October 09 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi TB

Marriage 27th June 1858 at Burbage; Joseph Hands, father Moses Hands, and Bridget Alsop (Widow) father Lawrence Castidy

This is taken from LFHS Parish registers CD and was the only information given

Best of Luck
Cheers
Jan :-*
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 October 09 15:54 BST (UK) »
Thats brilliant thanks Jan.

Is it Castidy?  I have Caserty on a birth certificate of one of her children?  She was from Ireland and i am having trouble tracing her into Ireland at the moment!  At least I now have her father's name!!!

Cheers

TB

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 October 09 15:57 BST (UK) »
Hi TB

It is transcibed as Castidy by the LFHS - sorry I have't seen it with my own eyes!  :o :o

Best of Luck
Cheers
Jan :-*

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup - Bridget Alsop and Joseph Hands (Completed)
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 January 12 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi TB

I just received the following information through my website after someone picked the thread up on Google,

"I Picked up your contact with trubrit about Bridget Alsop from Ireland, (nee Cassidy )at Burbage Leicestershire. In the 1851 census @ Burbage a lodger Peter Cassidy from Ireland lives a few doors from Bridget in Lutterworth Road, he married early 1850s and lived in Nuneaton, he had children. After her last husband Joseph Hands died Bridget must have moved to Nuneaton, there she died early 1900s. I guess Bridget and Peter were brother & sister."

Hope this is of some use to you.
Cheers
Jan  :-*

TIVEY, WILDE,

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup - Bridget Alsop and Joseph Hands (Completed)
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 08 January 12 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Jan

Thanks for that.

It looks to be a new lead.  I can see that Peter got married in Nuneaton in 1852 and that his father was Lawrence too - so it looks like thay are brother and sister!  And helpfully in later census, Peter states that he born in Dublin - abt 1829.  I wondered why Bridget moved to Nuneaton - that was where she died and was buried in 1895, as was Peter in 1906.

It would be useful if we could find the 1841 census for Peter and Bridget - and better still with a father Lawrence.  Bridget married her first husband Richard sometime after 1841 (as Richard was in Burbage then) most probably in Ireland around 1848.  So Bridget and Peter are most likely in Ireland as i cannot see an obvious marriage for Bridget and Richard in the UK.

Can anybody help any further?

Thanks again - a great lead!!!

TB