Author Topic: Aston-gran with no dad?  (Read 7330 times)

Offline whippety

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Aston-gran with no dad?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 October 09 19:15 GMT (UK) »
you are all sooooo kind.
My nephew had a bad accident at work :(( hopefully he's rallying now but everything has been on hold, came back to find so many people trying to help me, thankyou thankyou.
I have printed off all the replies and I am going to sit and have a good read and a think. I will talk to the cousin (1929 baby) esp since I can tell her the news about my nephew and maybe get the subject round......I don't get the maiden name bit;it should be Edkins. Could my gran have said to use her name?
If I can help anyone with anything, anytime,( I can use Ancestory)please do ask.
Cheers all
Sue

Offline whippety

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Aston-gran with no dad?
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 November 09 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi all back again.
If Phoebe and Joseph are Nellie's parents married 1909, this means they got married long after all the children were born. I've asked Brummy Girl for a marriage look up tosee if there's an address on the marriage cert.
I am a plonker! The female child born 1929 is an aunt and she's still living, so she's not the child of Nellie Junior. Therefore her mum will be my gran and the mms is correct, at least for what gran was saying was her ms. Don't know why the big gap between kids then.
Could Joesph have done something to Phoebe to make Nellie use her mother's surname? Could he have been in prison? She obviously made it up with him as she uses Brookes- Davis later. Gosh it's such a mystery.
Thanks all again for all you've done.
SueXX