Author Topic: Alexander Clark b.c. 1690-1700 & Flora McClean  (Read 5927 times)

Offline MeMeC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Alexander Clark b.c. 1690-1700 & Flora McClean
« on: Tuesday 08 March 05 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Alexander Clark was one of the original travelersof the Arygll Colony, who came to the Cape Fear area of North Carolina, USA
from the Isle of Jura, Scotland.  He married Flora McClean.  Birth and marriage information needed.  Thank you, Nancy

Offline kbshs581

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Clark b.c. 1690-1700 & Flora McClean
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 June 18 00:06 BST (UK) »
hello! apparently to me it seems there are two separate Alexander Clarks. One born in Jura Scotland 1705 To Gilbert and Mary McGhoill from Jura Scotland.  (Google Electric Scotland Buie, and you'll see a detailed story of how son Alexander and Florah McLean settled in North Carolina, in 1736.) The only Alexander he had was in 1762, who settled in Bibb County Alabama. They were very religious and founded several churches in the area.  Now the OTHER Alexander Clark immigrated from Wick Scotland in 1739 to North Carolina with his son Alexander and son Jeremiah was born the same year, hence the stories of Alexander and Jeremiah.  Not very religious but seemed very political, fighting taxation from the British then from the corrupt lawmakers in the colonies.  I'm from the second line, Alexander down to Alexander Sandy then eventually the Clarks in Caldwell County North Carolina.  What I am trying to understand here is....in a lot of the Ancestry trees I look at the stories and references all get lumped together.  I want to know if anyone has the answer to HOW the Alexander Clark from Jura is connected to the Alexander Clark from Wick. If they indeed are related at all.  ANYONE that can explain please do! Thank you!