Author Topic: George Green BUCK 1818-1894 *COMPLETED*  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
George Green BUCK 1818-1894 *COMPLETED*
« on: Tuesday 20 October 09 09:11 BST (UK) »
Anybody researching the descendants of George Green BUCK and his wife Mary Ann Seldon nee SALMON. They were from Corston or Newton St Loe in Somerset and came to NZ on the Birman in 1842. George's brother Henry Gregory BUCK and his family also came out on the Birman.

They had one daughter Alexina/Alexandrina Seldon BUCK with them when they arrived, and had five more children in Wellington and Taita.

Mary Ann died 4 Jul 1867 and George 11 Oct 1894 and are both buried at Christchurch Churchyard at Taita.

All their children had Seldon or variants as a second name, and so have a number of grandchildren that I have found.

Alexina Seldon BUCK 1841-? May have died pre registration
Elizabeth Seldon BUCK 1844-1901 married George Hale PIKE
William Seldon BUCK 1846-1919 did not marry as far as I can see
Alfred James Seldon BUCK 1852-1897 married Mary Ann WHITEWOOD - gored to death by a bull
Julie Mary Ann Seldon BUCK 1856-1945 married William Henry Reynolds DALE
Edwin Douglas Seldon BUCK 1859-1932 married Janet Ann FOX

Two of Mary Ann's nieces came to NZ on the Wild Duck in 1867, Alice Lucretia and Mary Ann GRAY/GREY. Alice married Edwin Daniel DANIEL and Mary Ann married John EDWARDS in 1868 from Taita. My connection is through a sister of John EDWARDS.

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jdw50

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Green BUCK 1818-1894 *COMPLETED*
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 April 14 20:37 BST (UK) »
Just came across this in my researches... Am I right in thinking George Green BUCK married the (widowed) mother of his son Alfred's wife, Rebecca WHITEWOOD?