Author Topic: Beddoes family in Shrewsbury  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Alysia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Beddoes family in Shrewsbury
« on: Tuesday 20 October 09 21:43 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace my grandmother's first husband and family. She married Albert Beddoes in1910 and they had 6 children, only 3 survived, Fanny Elizabeth, known as Betty,Gladys and Dorothy. They lived in the Coleham and Bellevue areas of Shrewsbury. Albert died in 1910 and the 3 girls were 'adopted' by a Reverend Louch who had some link to Fazakerley in Liverpool ???. My grandmother went to Derby and remarried and had 3 more children.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Beddoes family in Shrewsbury
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 October 09 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

Can you clarify - are you trying to trace Albert Beddoes ancestry (ie) his parents etc or are you trying to make contact with the descendants of the children of that marriage

She married Albert Beddoes in1910

Albert died in 1910

There is an Albert Beddoes marriage in Atcham in 1910 to either Alice Brayne or Elizabeth Griffiths
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 October 09 22:00 BST (UK) »
1901 for Atcham - all children b Shrewsbury

Clement Beddoes 56 railway wagon lifter b Smethcott?
Ann   55 b Eaton under Haywood
John  26
Albert 18
Fanny 16
Clement  13
RG13 Piece 2538 Folio 60 Page 24
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Alysia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 October 09 10:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole
thanks for your speedy reply
I've got the 1901 census results for Albert's family and yes he married Elizabeth Griffiths (my grandmother) in 1910. I really am trying to find what happened to their 3 girls Betty, Gladys and Dorothy after Albert died and can't find Reverend Louch anywhere as he's not registered with the Lichfield Diocese so I assume he's a non conformist religion? So where do I go to trace non conformists? I have a KSLI reference to an Albert Beddoes discharge from the army in WW1 and think I have just found his death in 1919 age 37 so will send for that certificate. Having looked in the phone book there are several  Beddoes still living in Shrewsbury. My uncle born of the 2nd marriage,now deceased, knew that Betty had married William Day and lived in Charlesworth Derby but had no contacts.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 October 09 12:05 BST (UK) »
I am sending you a pm with some info - as the people may be living - I can't post details here

Offline buggyduo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 09 November 09 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if this is of any use but back in the 1960s there was a coracle maker in Ironbridge called Beddoes, I think his 1st name was Harry.

Best wishes

Howard