Author Topic: Any suggestions re James Mclaren and Son  (Read 1299 times)

Offline stampers

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Any suggestions re James Mclaren and Son
« on: Tuesday 08 March 05 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
This maybe a long shot but firstly trying to find my gg grandfather's birth place in Scotland.
James Mclaren married Susannah Roberts  11th July 1870 St Nicholas Church Liverpool. They had a son James Jan 1871.  I know the elder James was born in Scotland around 1848/49 as found him and wife in 1901 census Bootle cum linacre Lancashire.  His wife is in 1881 census with daughter Lydia and son John.  Their first child James died when he was 9.

No trace of them in 1871 but Susannah is in 1891 with Lydia although says eliza and another son Thomas.

I know that Jame's father was also James a shipwright when married.  But when I do a search on LDS there are a few possiblites, don't know if he had any brothers or sisters.

Something else on 1901 there is another son named James aged 12 born Canada, who is my g grandfather, why isnt he on the 1891 census? When is mother etc are.  Do you think that it would be poss for his father to come home from his sea travels (used to be a mariner) with a child!  That is what I am starting to think.. hope not

Hope I havent lost you
Any suggestions would be great
Sue
My email address is not working sorry
Roberts, Mclaren Scotland/Liverpool,  Stamper Cumberland/Liverpool,                                              Farley, Mcalinden Ireland, Murphy Ireland,             Dempsey Ireland, Skillander Prussia,
Trimarco Italy
Mcquilkin and Patton Ireland
Rusk Ireland/Lancashire