Author Topic: Marriage Entry Look Up 1827 - Berwick upon Tweed  (Read 9672 times)

Offline Rowlandson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Marriage Entry Look Up 1827 - Berwick upon Tweed
« on: Wednesday 21 October 09 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

As you can see this is my first posting here, so please bear with me :)

I'm currently researching the Lamb family in Berwick upon Tweed.

I have David Alexander Lamb marrying a Mary Lilburn at Holy Trinity in Berwick on the 7th of May 1827. (Information supplied by a cousin)

What I'm trying to find out is, is Mary Lilburn is recorded as a widow on this marriage entry.

Many thanks

Rowlandson

Offline Berwicker

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Entry Look Up 1827 - Berwick upon Tweed
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 June 10 19:53 BST (UK) »
I have found your query and RootsChat via Google. I am a descendant of David Alexander Lamb, though not of his first wife Mary Lilburn. A quick look at my notes yields nothing about her status before marriage. Perhaps by now you have found the answer.
I have a fair bit of info about the Lambs and would be glad to hear from you.

Offline Rowlandson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 June 10 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Berwicker,

Many thanks for getting in touch. Yes I did find the information about the marriage entry I was after, I bit the bullet and sent off for a photocopy of the entry. It appears that Mary Lilburn was a spinster at the time of her marriage to David A Lamb in 1827.

This family is my wife's ancestry, she being descended from David Alexander Lamb and Eleanor Manners. I have had the very good fortune of being contacted by a distant cousin on the Lamb family, who has given me a wealth of information after his countless hours of research :). I'm also in contact with other Lamb researchers. Perhaps we could all exchange our information at some point (Although mine is some what limited at the moment !)

Offline Berwicker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 June 10 08:01 BST (UK) »
Good to hear from you.

There may be quite a few of us doing the Berwick Lambs, and I could certainly benefit from wider contact.

I would like to communicate with you via private messages, but have not so far found the trick of getting into this. If you have, and can send me a PM, that may unlock the thing.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 June 10 12:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Berwicker and Rowlandson,

Welcome to Rootschat :)
Just post once more each and the PM will be active ( you need 3 posts to activate)

Cheers,
Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Rowlandson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 June 10 17:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish,

Many thanks for your kind welcome & explanation as to how the PM system works  :)

I'm afraid I'm still feeling my way around the site  ???

Regards, Rowlandson

Offline Berwicker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 17 June 10 19:19 BST (UK) »
Small world! Greetings.
I still think there may be quite a few of us, if only because the Lamb and Manners families were prominent, in local terms, and not small. Perhaps other researchers will chime in soon.
Both names I believe are now absent from the town.
Incidentally the Skellys the butchers have just reached 250 years of continuous trade in Berwick.

Offline Firehorse

• RootsChat Senior
  • 'Pharaoh'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 05 December 10 02:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I've noticed that you have an interest in the Lamb family of Berwick upon Tweed.  I was wondering if I could ask you if you have any record of an Agnes Lamb born 1835 Berwick upon Tweed.  I'm not sure about her parents at all, but all I know is that she very possibly may have married a Henry Pitt (to be confirmed in due course via a marriage certificate order for their daughter) and ended up in the Kensington/Chelsea area of London, England. 

If you have come across Agnes in your research, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Jilly

Crisp, Dobson, Kirk, Farrow, Abraham, Hilton, Thompson, Croft, Searby, Haddock, Coot(e), Bryan Plaskett, Lyon, Peart, Hors(e)wood, Fanthorpe, Haywood, (Lincolnshire & Yorkshire); Brooke, Foice, Chapman, Flint, Bright (Wimbledon, Leigh, Leatherhead, Surrey and Roxwell, Essex); Pitt, Banks, Young, Malone (Camberwell, Bermondsey, Walworth, Surrey, London & Dublin, Ireland); Mallinson, Bevans (Canada)

Offline Berwicker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 05 December 10 06:26 GMT (UK) »
A quick look at a tree of the Lambs shows Forster Lamb (1811-1846), whitening manufacturer, marrying an Agnes Todd on April 6th 1832. I may elsewhere have something on their offspring.
I will dig further, but today am rather busy getting ready to go into hospital  for an op, so it may be when I come out, in about a week.