Author Topic: William TEARE and Jane LOONEY  (Read 4685 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
William TEARE and Jane LOONEY
« on: Thursday 22 October 09 21:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

Trying to help a lady in Australia to find William Teare 1827 Bride - 1894 Lonan and Jane Looney 1825 - 1881 Lonan.  They were married 11 Feb 1849 Lonan. I can find them from 1871 onwards but not on any census before that.  Sorry should read -  married 11 Feb 1849 BRIDE.

Please can anyone help.

Many Thanks.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: William TEARE and Jane LOONEY
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 October 09 23:28 BST (UK) »
Have a look at the 1861 entry for Margaret Fear b Lonan 1858 - I think image says Tear

The only thing that puzzles me is that she is shown as "sisters daughter" but head of house is Thomas Moughtin - could be that his wife Isabella was Jane's sister
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 October 09 11:32 BST (UK) »
Many thanks CarolW. I have had a look at your suggestion but cannot tie Isabella up as a sister to Jane Looney/Teare.  The other 2 children in the household were christened in Lonan to a Thomas Moughtin & Isabella Kinley.

In 1871 William & Jane have 3 children with them plus 2 grandchildren - Emily Cowley & Mary Boyde.
Any information on Emily Cowley would be appreciated.

Mary Boyde could be the christening at St Matthews. Douglas to a Thomas Boyde & Elizabeth Jane Teare born in 1849 but I cannot find a marriage to prove that. Mary seems to stay with the family as Mary C Boyde in 1881 and Mary J Bonte in 1891.

In 1881 William & Jane have another 3 grandchildren children with them - William P Teare (who I have followed) & Mary Boyde. Also Thomas A C Cowle born 1876.  Any information on Thomas would be appreciated.
In 1891 after the death of Jane, William is living with a son, married daughter Catherine & Her husband & children. A new granddaughter Margaret Tear appears aged 10 years so any information on her would be apprecited.
Seems I have a lot of clues but still a proverbial brick wall. Any help appreciated.

Thank You.
Sandra.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline John Bell

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 December 09 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
William Teare and Jane Looney are my great grand parents x 2.
Please contact me to share information.

Sue

Moderator Comment: Email address removed to avoid spamming etc.  Please us our personal message system to exchange such information.
BELL :Coatbridge, Sct & West Aust
WALLIS :Lamberhurst, Ticehurst, Frant. Ssx & West Aust
SENYARD :London.
VEAZEY :London
PARMENTER :Acton Suffolk & London & West Aust