Author Topic: italian long shot  (Read 772 times)

Offline loltel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
italian long shot
« on: Thursday 22 October 09 21:44 BST (UK) »
hi

through an elderly rellie i have discovered that my grandfather fathered a son in italy during ww2, she knows he was registered in my grandfathers name but has no idea where or even a name.

can anyone recommend a place to start for italian births or would it be more simple to obtain his services records to see where he was stationed and go from there ?

here's hoping..

Offline tenby tart

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: italian long shot
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 October 09 08:37 BST (UK) »
Its very difficult to obtain births for Italy unless you know the Region or Province he was born. Do you know of the mothers name or can you give your grandfathers name I can then see if it comes up in the Italian white pages.

Regards Lynne
Weare Monmouthshire
Bossolo Besselo Italy
Watkins Risca Monmouthshire
Perry Birmingham

Offline loltel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: italian long shot
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 October 09 09:13 BST (UK) »
thanks lynne

we know nothing about where or names, all that has been revealed is that grandad was in the 8th army (desert rat) and that the son was born around 1943/44,  but grandad returned home in 47 (already married to nan and had 2 children)and never went back on service, as far as anyone is aware the son never came here but who knows...
i think i should get the service records to see if it gives a location where he was stationed.

many thanks again