Author Topic: Beeston Cemetery - COMPLETED  (Read 12333 times)

Offline skewbald

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beeston Cemetery
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 10 November 09 09:15 GMT (UK) »

Hi Alexander, I pass there on my way home from work every morning, so if Mike can't manage to get there, let me know and I'll have a look.

Skewy

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Beeston Cemetery
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 November 09 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike and Skewy,

Thanks very much for the offer Skewy. I got another email from the Broxtowe council people today that to my surprise included pictures of the grave, but there was no memorial made unfortunately.

It was a slightly unpleasant surprise to learn that Harry's only son Frank died age 4 a year or two after Harry. Our family thought that perhaps Frank was still alive since after Harry died the family lost touch - well that explains why.

Thanks again everyone for your help.  :)

Alexander

Offline lynzzx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Beeston Cemetery - COMPLETED
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 January 10 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Hiya.
i would like to locate my cousin in this cemetery.
and noticed that you emailed the council.
what email address did you email??

Lynsey

Offline skewbald

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 January 10 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynsey, the website ids down at the moment, but an e-mail address is.

customerservices@broxtowe.gov.uk

Skewy.

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 21 January 10 02:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynsey,

Yes, that's the email address I sent my original request to. It was forwarded to a wonderful lady named Kim who was a great help - she even went out to take pictures of the grave for me.  :)

Alexander

Offline acorngen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 08 February 10 00:38 GMT (UK) »
You will be amazed how helpful local municipal staff are if you ask nicely.  I was lucky enough to be given copies of the receipt my great great grandfather was given when he purchased the plot so have his signature now.  They also told me there is one space in the grave still left and should we wish we can put someone in with them.  Wish we had known this when my Nan died because I would have had her buried with them (being their grandchild).  Actually no I wouldnt because my nan was adamant she wanted to be ash and smoke after her death. 18 years this week R.I.P Nan
WYATT, COX, STRATTON, all from south Derbyshire and the STS, LEI border Burns Fellows Gough Wilks from STS in particular Black Country and now heading into SOP

Offline happydays347

• :
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 17 February 14 10:47 GMT (UK) »
When I did this I was told they could research six people for free and after that it would be £35 per hour! Regardless of if the person was actually buried there or not.
I just hope the people I asked the lady to search are actually buried there, otherwise I'll be paying a lot of money to get her to check other names.
I could go and look myself, but I'd be walking aimlessly round a graveyard, unaware of where to go or actually look!