Author Topic: Mary Ronan (c1855) and her father Patrick, Wexford  (Read 11187 times)

Offline patrick ronan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ronan (c1855) and her father Patrick, Wexford
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kit                                                                                                                                                                     I was out Sunday night came home and stumbled across this site. I apologise for the abrupt and mangled post , my faculties were somewhat diminished  :-[ .I was surprised to hear back especially so soon as there had been no posts in quite awhile. Yes you are correct about my GD/GM and GGD/GGM .You probably know far more about our extended family than me as i only know bits and pieces I've heard over the years and never delved to deep into my family history.I live in Kildare now but do go to Wexford quite regularly so if you think there is anything i can do to help you don't hesitate to ask....Paddy

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paddy, I've been eagerly awaiting your reply  ;D.  One more post from you and we can chat via PM.

I've gained a fair amount of knowledge from Larry Kehoe, who is related through Matthew and Mary Bermingham if my memory serves.

My first visit to Wexford was very recent (early December) and I'm hoping to visit again in the next 6 months to follow up and to do some more research in Dublin.

Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline patrick ronan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 19:44 GMT (UK) »
If you have visited Wexford there is probably very little i can help you with ..Did you visit Kilrush church also Tombrack school

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paddy, I've sent you a PM  :)
Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //

Offline TheFamilyHistorian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 30 November 15 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to jump in here on on old thread but I'm also interested in the Ronan family in Wexford. I have connections with Ronan's from Cloughbawn. I've always wonder how long they have been in the parish and where they originally came from. I'm curious to know if the two Ronan families are related because Cloughbawn is just on the other side of Enniscorthy compared with Ferns.
Would Kit or Patrick be willing to chat about this ?
Thanks in advance :)

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 30 November 15 18:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi TFH, just responding in advance of making dinner.  Not really much I can share on the 'Ronan Family' and whether they are related to those in Cloughbawn.  There are a couple of kin (via email only) that I might ask, and I will do.  Kit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 30 November 15 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for such a quick response. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It would be great if your relatives had any knowledge of the origin of the Ronans in that side of Wexford or anything helpful.

What struck me about the previous posts was the prevalence of the name "Patrick". That is also the name which reoccurs in my family on the Ronan side.

Thank you!

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 30 November 15 23:56 GMT (UK) »
 :o sorry TFH, just realised that you're a newbie to Rootschat  :-[ Welcome and I'm so glad that you're interested in my Ronan's.  No idea where that might take us, but just wanted to welcome you.

Once you've made 3 posts I think you can then PM (personal message) those you might want to further correspond with.

I'll do my best to seek out information relevant to your interests, although as I've mentioned, I don't have anything that I can offer.

Kit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 01 December 15 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the welcome Kit ;D It would be interesting if there was a connection between these two Ronan families, it's not a very common name too. Fingers crossed one of your relatives might have some family knowledge or stories of their origin. I have only been able to go by documents I have found, parish records/tithe apploments/griffiths etc, and as we know they only go so far back.

That's 3 messages now so I should be able to send PMs now :)