Author Topic: Niven / Sinclair  (Read 7772 times)

Offline NIVEN C

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Niven / Sinclair
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 December 09 19:26 GMT (UK) »
No sorry as it was my tree branch it dosnt show any info re them but i know Charles jnr has a son and daughter his mum only died a few years back i could maybe ask my brother about them by the way where are you  i stay near st andrews you can contact me direct at (*) chris

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Beewiselet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 29 January 18 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Catherine Young Sinclair (daughter of my Great Aunt Christina and her husband John SInclair) married Robert Niven born 1890 in Dundee - she was my Great Grandfathers niece. She inherited all of her aunt's belongings in 1947 - including possibly all the photos of my Great great Grandfathers family - none of which we have... would be good to try and track it down and share! The current owners of the family house in Dunkeld would also be keen to see them.

Bee
Researching Thomson and McGregor in Argyll and Perthshire, Morrison, Dalziel, Grant, Archibald / Archbold in Lanarkshire, Hopkins and Garbutt in Gloucestershire, London and Yorkshire.

Offline Just a Scot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 04:11 GMT (UK) »
Catherine Young Sinclair (daughter of my Great Aunt Christina and her husband John SInclair) married Robert Niven born 1890 in Dundee - she was my Great Grandfathers niece. She inherited all of her aunt's belongings in 1947 - including possibly all the photos of my Great great Grandfathers family - none of which we have... would be good to try and track it down and share! The current owners of the family house in Dunkeld would also be keen to see them.

Bee

Hello Bee
Catherine Y Sinclair was my great aunt.I know little about of her. I know she married in Dundee and possibly died in St Andrews in the 1970's. My Grandfather emigrated to Australia and after he died  we lost all contact with her.
Her Mother Christina Thomson Sinclair was my Great Grand Mother. Her parents were James Thomson & Jane Mcgregor.
For some reason she lived with her Uncle Donald Thomson and his wife Christina McGregor aged 5 onwards in Little Dunkeld Scotland.
Where do you fit in ? I have done a little on the Thomson tree.
Sorry to say I don't have any Thomson photos either.

Regards
Scot
Sinclair,Mcleish,Mcduff,Good,Thomson,

Offline Beewiselet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello cousin!!!

She lived with her Uncle and Auntie (her 'step' parents were the brother and sister respectively of her parents) as they had married late on in life and had no children of their own. If she hadn't lived with them - would she ever have married John Sinclair the ploughman? His father was gamekeeper to the Earl / Duke of Aberdeen who had given him land and property for his services to him. That was what John inherited. After Christina's Uncle / Stepfather passed away they went to Dundee and from there to Australia and bought the land in Sydney and built the houses etc... James Thomson and Jane McGregor are my Great great grandparents.... James Donald Thomson, their son and Christina's brother, is my Grandma's father. So you are my cousin. We met Ian Ward last year - he must also be your cousin. His Grandmother was Alexandrina, Christina and John Sinclair's daughter who went with them to Australia and married a Mr McIlree..... I have one photo of James D Thomson - unclear - and desperately wanted more. I have a Scottish songbook here gifted to 'Lexie' in 1925 from Sister Katie. Ian gave it to me as I organised a Thomson reunion in Scotland which he came to and made all my old aunties cry with joy... xx Hopefully we can meet up soon too. I have an extensive Thomson tree on Ancestry and my DNA is up there - with Ian's - so we know just how close we all are!! If you PM me I can give you links and more details. Bee xxx
Researching Thomson and McGregor in Argyll and Perthshire, Morrison, Dalziel, Grant, Archibald / Archbold in Lanarkshire, Hopkins and Garbutt in Gloucestershire, London and Yorkshire.