Author Topic: McNab  (Read 23189 times)

Offline Throth

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McNab
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 21 April 15 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Salopian,

Wasn't certain if the last e-mail was directed to researchers at the Borenich web-site.

We assumed that you and Jeks were working together.  All the photographs of MIs at Blair Atholl and data on the various ways of spelling McCrostie for the Aldclune family went to Jeks.

We are not actively working on the McNab family, just trying to point you in the (correct?) direction, using information stored in our database.

If there is a particular problem we may be able to help.  Likewise you may wish to give us information about the family emigrating to Australia and New Zealand, which might be used on the web-site at some later date.

Regards,

Throth

Offline Salopian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 21 April 15 23:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Throth,
I was trying to reply to a member named Morning...I see they haven't been on for 5 years...they are a cousin. Is there any other way of contacting then as their message box says full? I dont know their name..
I am working with Beck and another cousin in Merseyside on the tree...which is fantastic to have them adding to it....Re the NZ and Australian side of the family, I have it on another site but will endeavor to add it here....
Many thanks for your help..
Cheers
Andrea
Ward/Turner/Pountain/Blaney(Shropshire-Staffs)              Mitchell/McNab/Clarke(Somerset-Lancashire-Leicestershire-Perthshire)
Gallop/Southwood/Northcott/Rowland(Somerset-Gloucestershire)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 24 April 15 10:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Salopian,

As Morning has only made just the one post they do not yet have all RootsChat functions in order to reply to a private message, this is why the mailbox is showing up full (in this case)

Emails notifications are working OK ;) I have just sent a new password as it has been so long since they last logged on to RootsChat I guess they will have forgotten it.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Salopian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 24 April 15 14:49 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Sarah,
Will keep my fingers crossed they are still contactable...
Cheers
Andrea
Ward/Turner/Pountain/Blaney(Shropshire-Staffs)              Mitchell/McNab/Clarke(Somerset-Lancashire-Leicestershire-Perthshire)

Offline Lisasuehelgi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Would any of you have made connections with Captain John McNab (born 1844 in Leith Scotland, to an Adam McNab and Janet (McDonald) )John  married first to a Margaret, then Martha (Connally), and third wife, Dora Day.  He also had two daughters Margaret, from first marriage, and Adam John and Dorthy with his third wife Dora Day.....they were not married while in the UK but did marry in the USA in the early 1900's.....which they continued up to BC Canada...

I am looking for the Mcnab/Day family in Liverpool?  My great  grand father was Adam John Mcnab and it looks like he was born 1898. His mothers name is Dora Day, who eventually moved to Vancouver, BC Canada or to Canada through the United States.  Any help or connections would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline Salopian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Morning..I have been trying to contact you for some time, but you aren't responding, but I will try one last time...Could you let me know your name, please? Cheers Andrea

Offline Salopian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Would any of you have made connections with Captain John McNab (born 1844 in Leith Scotland, to an Adam McNab and Janet (McDonald) )John  married first to a Margaret, then Martha (Connally), and third wife, Dora Day.  He also had two daughters Margaret, from first marriage, and Adam John and Dorthy with his third wife Dora Day.....they were not married while in the UK but did marry in the USA in the early 1900's.....which they continued up to BC Canada...
Hi Lisa,
My McNab family are mostly from Blair Atholl and surrounds, I don't recall any John. Some of them went to Australia and NZ, and I think one to Canada...but not a John. Good luck with your research.
Cheers
Andrea

Offline Morning

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 03 November 16 00:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I think I gave you all the information I had on the McNabs.
Not sure I can add anything useful.

My great grandfather was John McNab, son of Peter McNab born 1823, who was brother to your George, if I remember correctly.

I've misplaced a lot of my info, unfortunately, but will see what I can find. What are you looking for at the moment?
BW

Offline Morning

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 03 November 16 00:49 GMT (UK) »
Thomas, your family member was Thomas, and not George. Sorry about that.

Isabella McGlasson, wife of Robert Stewart McNab, is the difficult one to research, as there are missing records, and maybe two women with same name. It's possible that her father was Peter McGlasson and her mother Jean McCrostie who was born or baptised Moulin 15th July 1760. If so, Jean's father was Patrick McCrostie born/baptised 18th May 1746, Monzievairdie & Stowan, and her mother Jean Fleeming, born Moulin 1748.

You may already know this, of course.