Author Topic: McNab  (Read 23259 times)

Offline Lisasuehelgi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McNab
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 03 November 16 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for responding..........i am looking to find where my McNab clan is from> Ireland/Australia/Canada.......seems i have plenty of family members interested in knowing my family origins but none of the family has any logged/written information or pictures that i am aware of......i have managed to go so far........To my great great grandfather Captain John McNab......I know by a marriage and death certificate his father is Adam from Scotland and this is as far as i can go......I think my McNab clan has no records past a  certain point,.....or i have to go to parish searches, which i am not sure how to navigate around........Do all sites need a payment? or is there sites i can go to that are for free.??  and if so.........could someone advise me as to where to go??.........I would so appreciate help on how to get successful information and stay on track.... :-\ :'( Thank you in advance, and Thank you Andrea for getting back to me too!! Cheers!
I am looking for the Mcnab/Day family in Liverpool?  My great  grand father was Adam John Mcnab and it looks like he was born 1898. His mothers name is Dora Day, who eventually moved to Vancouver, BC Canada or to Canada through the United States.  Any help or connections would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline adolph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 05 October 17 09:28 BST (UK) »
hi andrea
i am roger mcnab i am a descendant of alexander mcnabs son james who married mary magdalene
kropp their son adolph married beatrice pearlie welch their son cyril mervon malcolm mcnab married myrtle collett and i am their son
i live now in wingham but i was born at beaudesert qld and grew up on a dairy on running creek near rathdowney if you drive up running creek rd you come to mcnabs bridge named after my grandfather
adolph if you need any more info just ask
cheers roger

Offline Salopian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 05 October 17 13:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Roger,
I assume your ancestor was:
James McNab
1864–1941
Birth 1864 • Queensland
Death 29 SEP 1941 • Queensland
I am on Ancestry.com and Im touch with other relatives in Brisbane...Rebecca who is related on James brother Alexander's side...her Great Grandfather..
My Great Grandfather was Thomas McNab, my mothers Grandfather, he was the youngest of the children..born in 1839 in Blair Atholl Perthshire.
I am also in touch with other McNabs in the UK..where I was born...I know another cousin there has his family tree online too and he will be very interested in your information...
I have traced another cousin to Canada...
Do you belong to  any other sites? I will add all your information to my tree, and also let the others know...how nice to be in touch with a McNab...so proud of my Scottish side.
Cheers
Andrea  :)
Ward/Turner/Pountain/Blaney(Shropshire-Staffs)              Mitchell/McNab/Clarke(Somerset-Lancashire-Leicestershire-Perthshire)
Gallop/Southwood/Northcott/Rowland(Somerset-Gloucestershire)

Offline Lisasuehelgi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 06 October 17 01:14 BST (UK) »
Hello, although i have not found a James in those years, i do have James McNab in early years, as a brother to a distant grandfather Adam Mcnab......Still searching for family links........by any chance is your James Mcnab related to an Adam Mcnab? 
I am looking for the Mcnab/Day family in Liverpool?  My great  grand father was Adam John Mcnab and it looks like he was born 1898. His mothers name is Dora Day, who eventually moved to Vancouver, BC Canada or to Canada through the United States.  Any help or connections would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline adolph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 06 October 17 09:37 BST (UK) »
hi andrea
yes i am descended from james my father said that he disappeared and no body knew where he went
and when i was living in orange nsw we were in the cemetery and came across james mcnab grave
real fancy with polished granite and marble but not our james
i met his grandson who lived out of town and he told me that they lived near the glass house mts but it was to hot so they moved south james stopped at orange but the others kept going further i dont know if they are related
i have since found that james remarried and lived near yerongapilly where he died
my grand father adolph had a team of bullocks that he used to haul timber at palen creek thats were he met beatrice he then bought property on running creek and built up a dairy 5 of their 6 kids were born there and he later bought property near imbil near gympie it was a bigger holding than running creek but was on the wrong side of the hill and got little rain
all the family moved there but my father moved to brisbane and joined the salvos and met my mum her father was the major of the unit there they marriedand went to running creek to restart the dairy
adolph died in 1951 in brisbane my father died last year 2 months short of 96 mum died 40 years earlier she used to take bex by the box and lost her kidneys
well cheers for now roger

Offline adolph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 08 October 17 05:12 BST (UK) »
hi andrea
yes my email is rogermcnab43@gmail.com or 0408069717 if you prefer
cheers roger

Offline adolph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 08 October 17 09:23 BST (UK) »
hi andrea
i looked at your info it is very good a lot of work james was the father of the first 4 kids the rest were some other ones i met george once when he was about 80 charles died in darwin from a japanese bomb not sure of wife or not george had a daughter so dad said
dad had 5 siblings norman,beatrice,claude ,c, b the last 2 are still alive
i have 2 sisters h born 1940's and lesley born 1940's a stillborn between me and lesley
i have 3 half brothers in brisbane from wife 2 she was papuian from port moresby mum was divorced
no siblings from wife 3 from manilla
i will ask lesley about our cousins and pass it on
norman ran the gympie farm beatrice was a playgirl claude was an engine driver on the qld railways and a piper colin was a sailor then a bus inspector in brisbane beryl had a pine apple farm at kenilworth now lives at nanango colin lives in sandgate
lesley has a dairy at barney view and heather has a house at tamrookum creek she has early onset parkinsons sadly
my wife margaret and i have 4 children s is a nurse j is a computer scientist and 2 degrees in physics ca is a nurse and d is between jobs
cheers roger

Names of living folk have been edited

Offline adolph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 13 December 17 09:20 GMT (UK) »
hi andrea
i see a message on ancestry about some one heath i found some that were on another family tree i wonder if they are the same
cheers roger :)