Author Topic: St Michael's Church, Elswick  (Read 13683 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Michael's Church, Elswick
« Reply #27 on: Friday 04 May 18 10:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosemary,

It is has been a pleasure to have been able to help you with this - especially as this will please your 90 year old Mother and also because the records show that what your Mother was told was the truth.  You have shown such patience in waiting an incredible nine years from your first post about this to receive this information which I have just sent you by pm now.

You will see that there is more information provided on the baptisms.  That is the great thing about RC baptisms - they like to cross reference so you often get a bit more information on records.  I have also sent you a burial ceremony record.

Don't forget to provide the microfilm numbers I have given you when applying to Tyne and Wear Archives for copies of the entries.  You are lucky - the records are of good quality.  I don't understand some of the RC terms; perhaps you will.  However, if you don't you could perhaps ask for help on here as some RootsChatters are very good at being able to transcribe RC speak into plain English.

Best Wishes :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner