Author Topic: Linn family West Linton  (Read 8808 times)

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Linn family West Linton
« on: Monday 02 November 09 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Trying to find information on Jack Linn who was born around 1924 in Kilsyth. He worked as a pharmacist in the East Linton, East Lothian or West Linton, Peeblesshire area. Possibly even running a chemists shop in one of those villages. He was married to someone called Joan and they had three sons.
His parents were Peter Linn, born around 1904 in Kilsyth and Elizabeth Jarvie McGillivary Bow born 1904 Kilsyth. Elizabeth or Lizzie as she was known died in an old people's home in West Linton in 2003 when she was age 99.
Possibly some of the family could still be living, in which case, a personal message would be appropriate if you have any information on the family or perhaps knew of him working in the chemist. As I seem to have ran into a brick wall on trying to gain info on him.

yours

Wilton Endeavour     
Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Linn family West Linton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 November 09 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi "Wilton Endeavour",

if you cannot trace them through the Linn Family, try the Lord Provost David Mason.  He married into the Linn family, then you may be able to trace back.  They were in Lanark and Ayr as well as Peebles.
I used to have a contact on Genes but I have not been on that site for about 9 months.
He and his wife had a son William Linn Mason
marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 November 09 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Will follow up that lead Marcie.

Wilton Endeavour
Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.

Offline johndd189

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 September 11 07:10 BST (UK) »
I may be able to help a little

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 28 September 11 15:45 BST (UK) »
Hello Johndd189,

I have sent you a message using the personal message system.

If you want to contact me using that. You can use personal messaging after three postings to Rootschat.

yours,

Wilton Endeavour

Offline SarahKCE

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 13 October 17 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hi there, realise I'm coming to the thread late bu Jack is/was a member of the West Linton Golf Club. Unfortunately, he died a few days ago. Here's his obituary: http://announcements.johnstonpress.co.uk/obituaries/scotsman-uk/obituary.aspx?n=jack-linn&pid=186925518

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 23 November 17 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sarah for the information on the death of Jack. That helps with the names of Jack's sons. As I only had them written down as son one, two and three. So now I can give them a first name. If there is anyone else out there in Rootschat land who can help with the thread. I'm leaving the topic open.

Yours,

Wilton Endeavour