Author Topic: Marriage Lookup - Thomas Bassett and Elizabeth  (Read 924 times)

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • View of Hinckley - 1791
    • View Profile
Marriage Lookup - Thomas Bassett and Elizabeth
« on: Monday 02 November 09 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to locate a marriage for Thomas Bassett and Elizabeth.  They both appear to have been born abt 1769 and had several children baptised in Hinckley from 1793 onwards.

Can anybody spot a potential marriage for the couple?

Thanks in advance.

TB

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bassettgenealogy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup - Thomas Bassett and Elizabeth
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 December 16 22:51 GMT (UK) »
I have a marriage for William Bassett to Ann Harrison in Hinckley in 1789, but nothing for Thomas. I have 8 children listed for Thomas, only 3 of whom I have traded, Richard Bassett, Thomas Bassett and John Bassett.

www.bassettbranches.org

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline kelzies

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 December 16 22:26 GMT (UK) »
If you're willing to look across the border to Warwickshire, there's a Thomas Bassett marrying Elizabeth Smith in Grendon on the 16th September 1792. A bit out of town, but still close enough to be a possibility. I can't find anything in Hinckley either.

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • View of Hinckley - 1791
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 December 16 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info.  I had thought that might be the right one too although they are having children at the same time in Polesworth/Grendon as at the time of my Thomas and Elizabeth.  Also from one of their children's marriage certificates it shows that Thomas Bassett to be a Publican whereas mine was a framework knitter.  All very confusing!

Bassettgeneology - I too have found the eight Hinckley children of Thomas and Elizabeth - Richard (1794-1875), Mary (1795-1871), Elizabeth (1797-1854), Thomas (1799-1880), John (1803-1868), Joseph (1805-?), Ann (1808-1895) and Sarah (1810-?).

Many thanks all for your help on this longstanding brick wall!

Regards

TB