Author Topic: Stephensons  (Read 6080 times)

Offline penderiki

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stephensons
« on: Tuesday 03 November 09 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi..I wonder does anyone have any information about this family. The only information I have at the moment is:
Joseph Stephenson (1832-1995)
His Father Richard (1898-1958) who married Margartet McCormack.
His Grandfather Richard who married Elizabeth Byrne.

Any information about these people and extended family would be great
Thanks,
Tom.

Offline penderiki

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Stephensons
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 November 09 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi....an few additional background information on this family...might ring a bell with someone.

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Byrne married Richard Stephenson...not sure when or where, but their son Richard was born in Dublin 9/6/1898 and Richard senior was a soldier.
Richard junior married Margaret McCormack and they had a son Joseph b. 1932, m. 1958,  d.31/5/1985.
Margaret McCormack may have been the daughter of James and Kathleen McCormack from Tomcoyle near Tinahely.

Offline Stephenson1968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom, am I glad to read your post!  I am a daughter of Joseph Stephenson, Tinahely who died on the 31st May 1985, I have been trying to trace the Stephenson family for quite a while now to no avail. I would love to know any information that you may have and if your are related to Nora Stephenson... Regards, Jacqueline Stephenson

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 May 15 14:59 BST (UK) »
Richard Stephenson,Wellington Bks,son of William Stephenson and Amelia Kelly ,deceased ,married at Rathmines Church 25th April 1897,
Elizabeth Byrne 7 Grosvenor Sq,dtr of John and Mary Byrne,Ballyboy?Ballybeg?Wicklow
http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/display-pdf.jsp?pdfName=rathmines_mf_1882-1906_ma_0101
Richard Jnr
http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/5efaf40017327

Elizabeth Byrne ?
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F573-X76

Offline Stephenson1968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Stephensons Wicklow
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 May 15 15:07 BST (UK) »
Dathai,

Thank you for the information it is absolutely amazing! I have learnt more about my family from your post than I have ever know. Our dad Joseph Richard Stephenson (only child) passed away 30yrs ago this May 31st aged 53yrs.  We are trying to trace any family that may still be living as we know nothing of them.

We never knew our Grandparents Richard & Margaret Stephenson as they were both deceased before our parents married. Margaret died aged 32yrs from TB.

Information Required on the following:

Richard Stephenson & Elizabeth (Lizzie) returned to the UK (address unknown) and left Richard Junior behind with her family in Ballybeg, Co. Wicklow to be reared by his Aunt/Grandmother? (1901 & 1911 Census) we don't know why this happened.

Richard & Elizabeth had another child a Daughter - Nora Stephenson date unknown. Nora later married a Stanley Golstein/Goldston? who was a RAF Pilot in WW2 and they had 1 daughter that we are aware of Patricia. I have an old photo of Patricia when she was 18 months old (I think around 1939?). If anyone has any information on this side of the family we would be eternally grateful as we would love to trace them.

Kind regards,

Jacqueline Stephenson

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 May 15 08:44 BST (UK) »
If you look at this article about outstanding soldiers it will possibly explain why they left their son behind before 1901
Most of the regiments mentioned were going out to Africa ,India and Egypt from Dublin in the late 1890s some going into battle not a safe place for a child.
http://www.theoriginalrecord.com/database/search/decade/189