Author Topic: Henry family, Fairview, etc.  (Read 15647 times)

Offline tojo42

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry family, Fairview, etc.
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 01 April 17 14:28 BST (UK) »
Hello again Annette54!

Many thanks for the message.  Thank you for the Graves family info.    No, I didn't know Drumlamph was part of the Dawson family estate...

I still don't know whether the Anne Henry in your tree is related to my Henry ancestors, but with the surname Miller in both families it's a definite possibility.

All the best!

the dawson family estate did not include Fairview, it was an entirely separate demense . i know this because its my family home  and my parents still live there

Offline grey2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 10 November 17 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I would welcome any information on Edward Cecil Christie Henry b-1857, in particular how he met his wife Frances Emma Beaglehole, later called Emma Frances Beaglehole. I am researching the Beagleholes from Dartmouth, Devon. I know Edward's mother lived and married in Dartmouth but it seems such an unlikely relationship as the Beagleholes were from quite humble origins.
Many thanks.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 10 November 17 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I would welcome any information on Edward Cecil Christie Henry b-1857, in particular how he met his wife Frances Emma Beaglehole, later called Emma Frances Beaglehole. I am researching the Beagleholes from Dartmouth, Devon. I know Edward's mother lived and married in Dartmouth but it seems such an unlikely relationship as the Beagleholes were from quite humble origins.
Many thanks.

Scroll down a bit on this family tree...
http://www.airgale.com.au/debucton/d19.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline grey2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 10 November 17 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks. Really useful information to add to that already gathered.

Offline G Mlx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 03 October 22 11:05 BST (UK) »
Annette54 many thanks! 

William Graves is another large beneficiary of James' WILL.   William Graves is connected to the Graves family of Gravesend Villa, Castledawson, what I don't know is the actual relationship between the Graves, the Christie and the Henry families.

Among the deaths as reported in the Londonderry Sentinel 1823-1869 in the issue of the 23rd September 1853 is…"September 21st at his brother's residence Upper Leeson Street, Dublin in his 64th year, William Graves Esq of Gravesend County of Londonderry, Captain of the Londonderry Military and J.P. of that county, also of the Royal Marines".
In the 19th April 1861 issue is ….Graves John Samuel April 6th at Woodbine Hill, Devon John Samuel Graves Barrister at Law, only son of the late Admiral Graves and nephew of Admiral Sir Thomas Graves Bart of Gravesend County Derry.
I have a Graves family tree from Gravesend, which confirms the above.
My gt.gt.gt.gt.grandfather was the Rev. John Graves, who had earlier been a Chaplin in the Royal Navy and died on the 6th January 1776 at Gravesend.