Author Topic: Gibney's  (Read 11484 times)

Offline Paughanstownagain

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gibney's
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 23:18 BST (UK) »
William Gibney & Mary Madden - are mine 100%.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 23:44 BST (UK) »
Bridget would fit in with Patrick Gibney & Jane Greene being her parents - going that she was born c1885.  I have the records for Patrick 1874, Mary Josephine 1876, Anne 1878, Michael J 1880 and then I have Andrew 1890.  Such a large gap between Michael J and Andrew!!!.  Most of my Gibneys are buried in Donore Hill as are members of the Greene family and many many more connections too.  It was a GGrandson of a Greene that gave me the picture of Bridget.  She is standing between a window and a drain pipe.  The detail on the red brick house window is the same as the picture.  Taken c1935 (which fits close with the electoral records). Irish Press 1931-1995, 29.09.1965, page 2. Gives her death as 28.09.65, her Manchester address too. At the end of her obit. it says Miss Bridget Gibney; deeply regretted by her sister, nephew and nieces and relatives.  Funeral at Manchester.  Michael would have been named after his Grandfather also Michael (Who was married twice - 1st to an Anne Finnegan - 3 children, then to a Jane Mooney 4 - children)

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 00:19 BST (UK) »
Annie Gibney died 2/6/1931 spinster - left Money to Michael J Gibney Diary man
Michael J Gibney died 9/10/1946 - Left Money to Bridget Gibney Spinster.
Both from 63 Innisfallen parade.  Siblings!!!

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 00:31 BST (UK) »
England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 forAnnie Gibney. Address as 63 Innisfallen Parade, but died in Farnham House, Finglas 2/6/1931

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 10:43 BST (UK) »
Annie Gibney died 2/6/1931 spinster - left Money to Michael J Gibney Diary man
Michael J Gibney died 9/10/1946 - Left Money to Bridget Gibney Spinster.
Both from 63 Innisfallen parade.  Siblings!!!

Have you seen the actual Wills or are you just going by the entries in the probate books? If the latter-

Michael John Gibney was granted permission (1931) to administer Annie Gibney's estate but may or may not have been left anything.
Bridget Gibney was granted permission (1946) to administer Michael Gibney's estate but may or may not have been left anything.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 15:32 BST (UK) »
I stand corrected  :)  Thanks.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 16:05 BST (UK) »
It's a common mistake  ;)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Cathy Cowburn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 08 September 16 23:18 BST (UK) »
Bridget Gibney was my great aunt. She is buried in Southern Cemetry Manchester. Michael was her older brother.
They originated from near Drogheda in Co.Meath, but there were a few Gibneys. Father Patrick Gibney, stonecutter and there is a family history that they were involved with the construction of St. Peter's church in Drogheda.
Bridget also had sisters Catherine, who married in the UK. Also Jane who married a Patrick McGinn and lived in Cheeverstown off the Naas Road Dublin and not Templeogue where the care home moved to. Jane Gibney became McGinn funnily enough had a dairy in Cheeverstown.
The history goes back to Newtown Platten in Meath which is only a few miles from Drogheda. I have screenshots of birth of them if needed. I also have photos of Jane and Bridget. Bridget was an Aunt of my Aunt Patsy. Patricia Stubbings who married John Michael O'Toole. When they went to live in Manchester they took old Auntie Bridge with them and we lived with my great Aunt Jane in Cheeverstown

Offline Paughanstown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 08 September 16 23:32 BST (UK) »
Hi I am the one chasing Bridget.  As I have a family picture of her out side a dairy shop in Dublin.

I am a Gibney, Great Grandparents are Gibneys from Newtown Platten.  I was in bed but when the phone when off... here I am.  How can I get copies of those records you have?