Author Topic: Eliza WILLIAMS, parents Susannah WORNES and John WILLIAMS 1860's  (Read 11906 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza WILLIAMS, parents Susannah WORNES and John WILLIAMS 1860's
« Reply #18 on: Monday 09 November 09 04:17 GMT (UK) »
Jim perhaps you need a cert or two :)   You can purchase transcriptions of certs in NSW for AU$17.00 and results are emailed to you.
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/howToSearch.htm#TranscriptionAgent
and I have given you the link to purchase and download Victorian images of certs.

Information on certificates in Australia
http://www.jaunay.com/bdm.html

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 10 November 09 07:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Susannah Wornes was my GG Grandmother, I have details of her children, she was married twice and we think had two children out of wedlock.
I have some photo's of the cemetery at Bowna where she is buried, unfortunately her grave is unmarked. Eliza Batson Williams is buried there as well, as is Roy Batson. His grave is marked and there is a fence around the plot that we assume contains the rest of his family.
I will PM you my email so we can exchange info.

mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 10 November 09 07:49 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, just realised that I have already given you all that I know.
mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 10 November 09 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,

I am feeling pretty disappointed at the moment, I thought that I had found another family member who was researching my family.
I have had contact with Jim over the last few days and he has told me that he is a certified genealagist who is doing some research for someone else.
To me it doesn't seem to be a very professional way to conduct your research, asking others to do your work for you.
Jim, if you want to know more, spend the money and buy the certificates, they should provide the evidence that you need.
mum mum

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 10 November 09 09:31 GMT (UK) »
Oh mummum

I feel disappointed too...

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline AlbatrossIV

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 11 November 09 09:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mum Mum and JM,

I am sorry you feel disappointed but I am researching this family for a colleague of mine who has asked me to do so. It is very professional to first seek what is already available or known and credit those who have provided the information. If any further research is to be done, I will then continue by myself. I have already, purchased 10 certificates towards my research and have been fortunate to see some of the good work already done by yourselves and I thank you. I thank you for your assistance.

You shouldn't feel disappointed at all as I am trying to gain an understanding of what information has already been searched and go beyond that if necessary.

I am researching the Batson/Williams/Brogan line as well as several others.

As a certified genealogist, this is what we do. You are most welcomed to have access to any additional information I find but I'm not researching soley the families you have an interest in.

If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I apologise for any misconceptions.

The work I am doing is gratis as well.

Kind Regards,

Jim

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 11 November 09 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jim,

I am not a family member..  I am not a professional genealogist.  I am simply a member of Rootschat, which is entirely free from beginning to end and is a service maintained by volunteers. In GOOD FAITH I provided information, as a volunteer, on this thread. I do not expect, nor do I give permission for my avatar to be cited or credited with any of the information I provide.

It is my belief and understanding that professionals OUGHT to declare that interest from the beginning in all their endeavours in that professional field, regardless of any pro bono efforts that they are undertaking.  As you are a certified genealogist, I expect the institution that certified you has a code of practice that you are required to abide by.  May I suggest that you give serious consideration to declaring your profession at line 1 of any posting you make on any forum that involves volunteers contributions.  Further, may I suggest that you consider desisting from instigating any threads that do not declare your professional interrest or accreditation at your initial posting's opening paragraph.

I acknowledge you have offered an apology for any misconceptions.  I wish you well in your professional endeavours.  I do not believe that your purchasing of 10 certificates towards your research has a direct consequence in your finding any work done by me, thus you do not need to thank me for my assistance.

Sincerely,

Just Moi
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 11 November 09 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any assistance in locating information on Eliza Williams, who was born about 1864 in New Brunswick, Canada and whose parents were John Williams (sailor) b. in Jersey, 1830 and mother Susannah Wornes (Warnes) born in England about 1833. The parents had at least two other children, Stephen Williams (b abt 1853) in Australia and a sister, Amelia, born about 1860 in New Brunswick, Canada.
Any further information on this family would be welcomed as I am putting together a family history report for a descendant in Australia. Eliza Williams married Edward Albert Batson in 1891 in Albury, NSW.
Thank you.
Jim

In hindsight, and reading "between the lines" in Jim's final paragraph "putting together a family history report..." Umm tis not obvious though....

Offline AlbatrossIV

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 11 November 09 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Dear Just Moi,

My apologies again, as I only located some information on this site through Google which listed some individuals I was researching. I am and was, in no way asking anyone to go out of one's way to locate any information that wasn't readily at hand or one the site already. This genealogical work is a side hobby NOT a full or part-time profession. I have been accredited after 2 years training and studying through a major body.

I wasn't aware of any requirement where I needed to demonstrate my credentials or intentions initially on this or any other website if I was just seeking information to be used in putting a report on a family together, professionally or otherwise.

I also have volunteered in researching information for people on RAOGK and elsewhere for over 10 years and would assist anyone, regardless of whether they stated their amateur or professional credentials or not.

As a genealogist, I am required to demonstrate where any information was obtained whereever possible. I will not make reference or use any information that you have provided though, as per your request.

I will not be seeking any further assistance on this website.

I would like to re-iterate that even though I have become accredited, this is not my profession. It is a side hobby and interest and perform services for people nationally and internationally.

Apologies again and best wishes for your interests and endeavours.

Jim