Author Topic: Eliza WILLIAMS, parents Susannah WORNES and John WILLIAMS 1860's  (Read 11907 times)

Offline Kerry Davidson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza WILLIAMS, parents Susannah WORNES and John WILLIAMS 1860's
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 15 May 18 06:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Eliza Joy was my great grandmother. My Grandmother was Bridget Dora Batson. Bridget married Jack Gardiner. They had two children Roy Edward John and Mary Elizabeth Gardiner. I am the daughter of Roy Gardiner. Eliza Joy was the daughter of Susannah Wornes. Susannah married twice : John Williams who died in 1865 and Charles Christian Hansen.  Eliza Joy was registered as a "Williams" but I believe she was the daughter of Charles Hansen as Eliza was born  in 1867 , two years after John Williams passed away.  Susannah also had a child when she was about 19 , theta are records that indicate this child was Fathered by Robert Bales in Launceston Tasmania. Cheers Kerry

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza WILLIAMS, parents Susannah WORNES and John WILLIAMS 1860's
« Reply #28 on: Friday 18 May 18 04:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Good to hear from you, I will PM my email address to you so we can exchange information abit more freely.
I don't believe that Eliza was the daughter of Charles Hanson, he left us somewhat cofused when he provided information for Susannah's death certificate and stated the she only had one child. That child being his daughter Mary, my Great Grandmother. I have the death certificate and the will for Charles Hansen and Eliza is not mentioned on either of them as being his daughter.
John Williams died in June 1865, I'm not sure that we have an actual date for Eliza's birth, I know I have a copy of her marriage certificate somewhere but I can't find it at the moment. If we have taken her year of birth from her death certificate we can't be sure it is correct.
It is possible that Eliza was born between the time Susannah was widowed and when she married Charles sometime before sailing to New Zealand, again, the date of that marriage is not certain.
mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.