Author Topic: More PARKs  (Read 37964 times)

Offline suzyf

• RootsChat Senior
  • 4 Generations of Strong Women
    • View Profile
More PARKs
« on: Saturday 07 November 09 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Does anybody have a connection to these Parks
William Park(b 1856) Married to Jane (? Rigg )
possible children from IGI
William Bap Natland 28 Dec 1777
Elizabeth     "           30 Apr  1780
Jane            Heversham 21 Jul 1782
John              "              29 Aug 1784 ( see my John Park and Elizabeth Airey post )
Isabella       Killington   6 Aug   1791
Geo               "              15 Sept 1793
Jas                "               18 Oct   1795
Fanny          Heversham 3 Jul 1796
Sarah          Killington    6 Aug 1800
Margaret      "               24 Oct 1802

If these are all the same family, there's obviously a gap in the births or a second wife also named Jane.
The will of William's father William Park of Kendal,died1806 says that his son William lives in Killington and mentions 2 of this William's daughters Elizabeth and Mary ,living in Liverpool.

William (senior's)other Children are Joseph Park ,Storth End ,Preston Richard,Elinor Hind,wife of Robert of Kendal) and Jane Park of London.

Westmoreland -Farrer,Thompson,Park,Wharton,Airey
Lancs  Farrer ,Thompson,Clarke,Brewer,Reid,Howarth,Feast,Sladen,Southern

Ireland(Offaly)Reid
London -Feast

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: More PARKs
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 November 09 00:08 GMT (UK) »
hi Suzy , yes this is definitely my family . Robert hine/hind is my relative . we found his will last time i was in UK. parks is a new name to my list .. i will get right onto it . thanks .
Jan .. Mary hind was mother of Margaret brocklebank who married john milner Wharton of Kirby Stephan  . i think that is how it worked . the golden family is in there to. thanks .
Jan
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline Darlingtonian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 November 09 00:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello Suzy and Jan,
I have two different Park families in my family.... they both come into the families in the 1700s.
I was wondering if either of you can throw any light on them for me.
this is the only information I have on one of the Parks.

Thomas Park married Agnes Coulson in Kirkby Lonsdale on 24th June 1752. Agnes Coulson was baptised at St Michael's in Appleby, Westmorland on 15th February 1735 and her sister Dinah Coulson in 1729, their father was William Coulson.

Children I can find for Thomas Park and Agnes Coulson.
Joseph Park 18th Nov 1753
Isabel Park 21st Dec 1755
Thomas Park baptised 4th June 1758
Agnes Parke 6th May 1762 (married John Airey in Kirkby Lonsdale 20th May 1792 )
John Park was baptised in Kirkby Longsdale on 27th May 1770

On 14th November 1791 John Park married Jane Holmes in Kirkby Lonsdale. Jane was baptised 7th July 1776 at Killington, just north of Kirkby Lonsdale, her mother was Sarah Holme.     I can only find two children for John & Jane (Holmes) Park
William Park was baptised 19th Aug 1792, (William married Agness Gibson.)
Agnes Park was born 28th April 1794 and baptised 'Aggy' Park on the 15th June 1794 at Kirkby Lonsdale, she married Edward Gibson of New Hall, Nether Staveley; so the 'Park' brother and sister married the 'Gibson' brother and sister.
Hope you can understand it and thanks for any help
Jean

Lidster, Mellanby, Milburn, Laidler, Peart, Thornton, Catterson, Ellwood, Ingleby, Ramage, Sedgewick, Collinson....... Co.Durham
Ingleby....Derbyshire
Ellwood, Rigg, Gibson, Park, Fothergill.....Westmorland

Offline suzyf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 November 09 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen the will of John Park Yeoman ,Cow Brow Lupton Wife Jane Park ,son William Park of Stainton, daughter Agnes wife of Edward Gibson Of New Hall, Staveley  15 Nov 1851.
Not my John Park so I didn't note anything else.
I also have a copy of a will of Joseph Park Yeoman of Newbiggin Hutton Roof,21 June 1838 Could be your Parks /
Daughters Agnes m to Benjamin Robinson
                 Isabella m Richard Yeates
                 Barbara m Richard Mattinson
                 Hannah Bramwell deceased
 Grand Daughter Hannah Park (daughter John Park's )
Sons         John  Farmer of Skelmergh
                George Farmer of Laithe
                William  Gamekeeper of Rigmaden
Not the Parks I was looking for

Do you know anything about John Airey who married Agnes Park ?
My John Park married Elizabeth Airey of Dent in 1804.
At the time he is of Mansergh ,Kirkby Lonsdale. I cant find out anything about his family !
Sue

Ireland(Offaly)Reid
London -Feast

Offline Darlingtonian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 29 November 09 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue,
Yes that's my family, the Gibsons also came from Stainton..... they're all inter- twined.   I have a couple of early Gibson Wills but I haven't seen John Park's Will ... I'll have to look for it.  I've just managed to sort out who's who in the early Park family..... all I've got is in my post.

I'm wondering if the Joseph Park of Hutton Roof you mentioned, is the son of Thomas Park and Agnes Coulson.

I do have another Park family but they come from Kendal and Hawkshead so they are probably not yours either.

Sorry Sue, I don't know anything about the Airey family as they're not really in my family but I have looked a little bit and did come across your John Park and Elizabeth Airey while I was looking .... . it confused me. ..... maybe brothers and sisters marrying into the same family again.

thanks for your help, I'll have to look for the Will...they really help don't they?
Jean
Lidster, Mellanby, Milburn, Laidler, Peart, Thornton, Catterson, Ellwood, Ingleby, Ramage, Sedgewick, Collinson....... Co.Durham
Ingleby....Derbyshire
Ellwood, Rigg, Gibson, Park, Fothergill.....Westmorland

Offline sylvia (canada)

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 05:46 GMT (UK) »
Suzy

I have Parks coming out of my ears, with OH's family!

We can start with the 20 children of William Park and Jane Hayhurst of Heversham and Preston Patrick, and go back or forwards from there!

Of course there is continuous marriage into the Airey, Mattinson, Rowlandson, etc families

OH reckons that all Parks from that area are related.

sylvia
Taylor, Park, Rowlandson, Hayhurst, Goose, Moor, Mattinson, Dawes. Westmorland, Yorkshire, Lancashire.
Cadd, Ellard, Schofield, Ashton, Cott(e)rill, Buck(w)right, Love. Buckinghamshire, Lancashire
Hughes, Roberts, Wynn(e), Griffiths. Wales

Offline suzyf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sylvia
Merry Christmas
Yes,I reckon all the lakeland families must be related.
Did you see my last comment on the John Park and Elizabeth Airey post ? Maybe I've picked up the wrong marriage for William (1806) His date of birth is on the Mansergh parish Register .Mansergh is a chapel of Kirkby Lonsdale so his baptism would be on Kikby Lonsdale Register as well.It looks like they went  "home" for Christmas and got their first 2 children ,Jane and William christened together.
Have you seen the church register for William and Jane's marriage.If not I could look it up.
Sue

Ireland(Offaly)Reid
London -Feast

Offline sylvia (canada)

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 17 December 09 01:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue

Merry Christmas to you

That would be very good of you. I do know the date

This is the information I have from family records, but it would be good to get it confirmed. Would there be any witnesses shown?

Jane Hayhurst was born on 16 November 1814 in Sedbergh, and was christened 11 December 1814 in Sedbergh.

William Park was born on I August 1806 in Heversham, Westmorland.

Jane married William Park on 14 December 1831 in Heversham.

They then went on to have 20 children beginning in May 1832 with the last arriving in 1860.

Jane died in 1869 of chronic disease of the ehart. I don't think I'm too surprised by that!!

Thank you

sylvia
Taylor, Park, Rowlandson, Hayhurst, Goose, Moor, Mattinson, Dawes. Westmorland, Yorkshire, Lancashire.
Cadd, Ellard, Schofield, Ashton, Cott(e)rill, Buck(w)right, Love. Buckinghamshire, Lancashire
Hughes, Roberts, Wynn(e), Griffiths. Wales

Offline suzyf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 17 December 09 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sylvia
Will do Sylvia but it may be a few month's before I drive up to Kendal .It's dark by 4pm at the moment and snowy.Suppose your weather's worse but we don't have snow tyres or chains .(Where are you ?)
Some of the registers have witnesses others just give the bride and groom .
Sue

Ireland(Offaly)Reid
London -Feast