Author Topic: More PARKs  (Read 38101 times)

Offline sylvia (canada)

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: More PARKs
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 22 July 10 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi David

Both Thomas Hayhurst and Gilbert Hayhurst are in my husband's family. Thomas was the younger sibling of my husband's direct ancestor Gilbert. But the Gilbert you are talking about was probably Thomas' son as my Giilbert died about 1852

The Hayhurst, Park and Taylor families are intermingled, with many marriages between them

My records show that Thomas Hayhurst married Elizabeth Askew in Lancashire in 1829, and that they moved to Mill Bridge, Stainton around 1850. Thomas was a Maltster and Farmer of  55 acres. He died in 1868, and Elizabeth lived at Mill Bridge with her sons Thomas and Gilbert until her death in 1875. Thomas jr and Gilbert were joint farmers of 112 acres until Gilbert died in 1886.

There are several William Parks ...... but I have not yet connected "my" Parks with the one who was at Mill Bridge in 1829.

sylvia
Taylor, Park, Rowlandson, Hayhurst, Goose, Moor, Mattinson, Dawes. Westmorland, Yorkshire, Lancashire.
Cadd, Ellard, Schofield, Ashton, Cott(e)rill, Buck(w)right, Love. Buckinghamshire, Lancashire
Hughes, Roberts, Wynn(e), Griffiths. Wales

Offline DavidAnd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 22 July 10 21:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the replies.
Jean, I don't have any more info yet, I only know the names of owners of the mill but trying to get more details.

Sylvia,
Your records tie in well with the dates that I have.  I got the dates from a book about Westmorland water mills, the author had got the dates from a trade directory.  The mill and farm still exist (my brother owns the mill, hence my interest).  I still have some papers to look through, so will report back if anything interesting comes up.

Thanks for your help
David

Offline sylvia (canada)

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 22 July 10 21:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you David

How interesting!!

That would be good to know more, if indeed you do find any more..

My gut feeling is that the William Park might also be related to husband's family of Parks.

sylvia
Taylor, Park, Rowlandson, Hayhurst, Goose, Moor, Mattinson, Dawes. Westmorland, Yorkshire, Lancashire.
Cadd, Ellard, Schofield, Ashton, Cott(e)rill, Buck(w)right, Love. Buckinghamshire, Lancashire

Offline Darlingtonian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 22 July 10 23:37 BST (UK) »
If it's of any interest David...my William Park married Agnes Gibson on 10th May 1820 ...they lived at Mill Bidge, Stainton...then later on at Stainton House....... William was a Malster and farmer.. then later a land owner his father was John but he did have an uncle called William who died in Kendal 1871 aged 78
Jean
Lidster, Mellanby, Milburn, Laidler, Peart, Thornton, Catterson, Ellwood, Ingleby, Ramage, Sedgewick, Collinson....... Co.Durham
Ingleby....Derbyshire
Ellwood, Rigg, Gibson, Park, Fothergill.....Westmorland

Offline Kellygirl

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 20 December 12 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Suzy

I have Parks coming out of my ears, with OH's family!

We can start with the 20 children of William Park and Jane Hayhurst of Heversham and Preston Patrick, and go back or forwards from there!

Of course there is continuous marriage into the Airey, Mattinson, Rowlandson, etc families

OH reckons that all Parks from that area are related.

sylvia

these are my parks. 20 children. joseph was my great grandfather, his son married  ethel whitehead from batley, my grandparents, :) how are you related

Offline suzyf

• RootsChat Senior
  • 4 Generations of Strong Women
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 24 December 12 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kellygirl
Welcome to Rootschat.The site has just been changed and if I'm typical we who are interested in this topic haven't had notification that you've posted it.
Sylvia's info about William Park and Jane Hayhurst's children is on another post called "John Park and Elizabeth Airey"
If you make a couple more posts you will be able to contact Sylvia direct via a PM.Her husband is descended from a brother of your g granddad.

Merry Christmas to all. Sue

PS If you are connected to Marion R. I have sent her baptism and marriage copies for William Park 1806 ,Joseph's dad.
Westmoreland -Farrer,Thompson,Park,Wharton,Airey
Lancs  Farrer ,Thompson,Clarke,Brewer,Reid,Howarth,Feast,Sladen,Southern

Ireland(Offaly)Reid
London -Feast

Offline sylvia (canada)

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 14 January 13 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kellygirl ........... and Sue

Like Sue, I had no idea of the changes on Rootschat!

I have just seen this, after having received an email from, I presume, Kellygirl. I have replied more fully to that email directly to Kellygirl

However, it does seem that I made a serious mistake in that email!

For the record ...................

As we all know, William Park is a common name in Yorkshire and Westmorland ............... and the Parks were prolific families!

The Joseph Park who was one of the 20 children was born in 1848 in Heversham, and was christened 06 August 1848 in Preston Patrick. Further information on that Joseph is as follows ...........

In 1871 Joseph was a grocer’s shop man living in Manchester. He married Mary A ?Marshall in 1872, (she was born ca. 1850 in Lancaster), and had two children, Annie S. Park born ca. 1878 and John T. Park born ca 1880. In 1881, he and his family were living in Windle, Lancashire, with his brother James Park (age 25, grocers manager), and nephew Edward Park (born ca. 1865, grocer’s apprentice, and son of John and Esther Park) as boarders

I had not followed Joseph and Mary any further, until just now ......... and it seems that they did in fact have a son William born ca 1890 in St Helens, according to the 1891 Census

In 1891 Joseph and Mary were living in Leeds, and Joseph was a warehouseman (note, his birth place had been transcribed as Weston Preston Richard, Ireland). They had children ……..Annie J Park, b ca 1878, St Helens, Lancashire;  John T Park, b.ca 1880, St Helens;  Joseph Park, b. ca 1884, St Helens; and William Park, b.ca 1890, St Helens.

I will be in further contact with Kellygirl

sylvia

Offline Ruth Gibson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 10 March 15 19:51 GMT (UK) »
I am the gt gt gt granddaughter of William Park and Jane Hayhurst I am descended from their daughter Jane born c1832 .She married Robert Ainsworth in c1852 and they lived first in Farington and then in Preston.The Hayhursts were millers in the north of Lancashire which borders Yorkshire and Cumbria.

Offline suzyf

• RootsChat Senior
  • 4 Generations of Strong Women
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 10 March 15 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruth
welcome to rootschat. If you' read this post and the one on John Park and Elizabeth Airey you know how large the Park family is.
l think your William Park (1806)is probably John  and Elizabeth's oldest son. I have his baptism and marriage records .PM me if you would like me to email you copies. I am descended from his sister Margaret who married in Sedbergh and ended up in Rochdale. Where are you?
Sue.
Westmoreland -Farrer,Thompson,Park,Wharton,Airey
Lancs  Farrer ,Thompson,Clarke,Brewer,Reid,Howarth,Feast,Sladen,Southern

Ireland(Offaly)Reid
London -Feast